Beast pet buffs

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by chronicler, Oct 21, 2015.

1. chronicler Augur

Hobble of spirit + taste of Blood is now perm on pet and recast 1 sec.
  2. Stubar Augur

Now buff blocking hobble is a necessity.
  3. Brohg Augur

Why's that? who can cast in on your pet besides you?
  4. Stubar Augur

Mainly because it's possibly the worst buff for a beastlord's pet. I was being facetious.
  5. chronicler Augur

I like hobble, but what I would like would be that both hobble + taste, that there would come new ranks.
    For hobble it should be tplaced on pet owner too, so proc for owner would be able to snare too.
    And taste would also be for owner too, but for owner the effect should only come if the kill is dblue or higher
  6. Stubar Augur

Beastlord pets can only proc a certain amount times no matter how many buffs you have on them, so if you add hobble to the mix (keep in mind that hobble is a semi useful snare at best) you take away a chance for a much better more effective proc from going off. I used to have so many buffs blocked on my pet just because of that fail mechanic.

Saying that, it was useful for a short period of time after it came out when you had to worry about MoB's running away, and everyone is entitled to their opinion.
  7. Exxodia Journeyman

What is the command to block hobble?
  8. chronicler Augur

Why block it, it is not something there is automatically on the pet, but something you yourself cast on the pet.
  9. Waldagar Augur

With the proc changes, the pet can process as many procs as you can stack on them. It is no longer one proc per swing.
  10. Stubar Augur

Is there confirmation of this? I would love to see some hard numbers. Hearing that makes me want to dust off Stu and do some dps testing.
  11. Zunar Augur

I tested it some a while back..
    It seemed to me that some things proc less when you stacked alot of proc buffs, but I couldn't be sure. Need longer parses I think.
  12. Waldagar Augur

I just ran 5 parses to get some numbers to back up my earlier comment.

Here are my pet's procs during roughly 5 minute parse:
    1) 303 seconds
    --- Spirit of Visoracius Strike II - 40

2) 302 seconds
    --- Hobble of Spirits Snare IV - 37
    --- Spirit of Visoracius Strike II - 41

3) 317 seconds
    --- Hobble of Spirits Snare IV - 56
    --- Spirit of Visoracius Strike II - 46
    --- Wild Spirit Strike - 71

4) 304 seconds
    --- Hobble of Spirits Snare IV - 49
    --- Mending Heal II - 26 (this buff dropped during the parse)
    --- Spirit of Visoracius Strike II - 46
    --- Wild Spirit Strike - 78

5) 302 seconds
    --- Hobble of Spirits Snare IV - 50
    --- Mending Heal II - 37
    --- Spirit of Visoracius Strike II - 49
    --- Unleashed Fury - 16 (this buff lasted 70 seconds - click from Highwater tunic)
    --- Wild Spirit Strike - 57

You can draw your own conclusions... Note how the number of procs increase as you add more procs.
  13. Stubar Augur

I logged on and parsed it, it seems that someone took their head out of....the sand and made things work as they should have years ago. Did some self parsing as well.....lol Bst's OP.
  14. Zunar Augur

Nice one.