BDB, Root, and You

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Qest T. Silverclaw, Apr 19, 2013.

1. EverChanter Augur

From what I gather after asking, it's due to the fact that some mobs are immune to mez and stun. So in order to CC these types, some are banishing and attempting to root it while still under the BDB (thinking the root will still hold). I get it from that aspect.

Is it possible to dispel the mob right after the BDB THEN rooting it?
  2. silku Augur

I'd think if you were bdbing it over and over.. the reason is because your keeping it 'controlled' so it doesn't add on your group.... sometimes you want to use BDB just to 'move' the mob. Like mezzing one, and then bdbing it into camp. In this case, I'd like to be able to bdb the mob off the tank/healer/caster and then root it where I can keep an eye on it. That way I can go back to mezzing the others, charming, doting, nuking, buffing, and not have to constantly hit bdb every 6 seconds.

Theoretically, yeah. I dunno that I keep dispel up in many zones at all though. So that would make for one less gem tied up in an occasional use. (where as I have a root clicky that I can use all the time.) The problem with the dispel is the mob is going to come running at you once you dispel, and then you're going to have it rooted in camp again. Then you have to bdb it to get it off the cleric/tank/caster again.. and then root isn't working again. So it'd still be an endless cycle.
  3. Haegar Augur

No, i dan´t "want" to - i HAVE to, because the mob can only be rooted at a very special moment, that i don´t know in advance and usually don´t have the time to waste. If i miss that moment, the thing is NOT where i want it, because it moved already.
    Now before that, i got 15 seconds and can do, whatever i like, whenever i like it.
    Unfortunately whatever i do will wear off with the BDB root...
  4. Keise Elder

I know, we've tried to get this fixed your for awhile now, a looonggg while, not sure how hard it would be to have root overwrite BDB root, if it's possible at all, or they just don't want to do it, but I do know I've learned to live without it after all this time, it's frustrating just like some other things that don't stack and blah blah blah....it's the Enchanter way...or is it No way Enchanter
  5. Zinne New Member

Bump... Been wanting to see this fixed for years now.
  6. Casidia Augur

..and a bit off-topic but somewhat related (agree with the suggestions for a fix bdd/root):
    Zones full of mezz-immune mobs suck.

They made Chanters unhappy during Velious, and in Frostcrypt (1 of 2 end zones to make it worse)...
    i think it's time to realize this really serves no purpose but to cause an upset in one class (and maybe for Bards too, not sure).
  7. Mizoto Lorekeeper

I disagree with this. Provided the mobs are some combination of rootable, stunable, charmable, mezzable we should be fine. Charm is essentially a long duration mez with added benefit. Root is a little more random, but workable. Fixing this bug would make root very viable for crowd control.
  8. Mizoto Lorekeeper

My vote. Placing root on the mob overwrites banishment root and therefore no blur should be expected.
  9. Camou the Persistent Augur

True, it is a bit annoying, but you can use memblurr on clickies (Unearthed Belt) to compensate, or buse Scintilating Beam to keep them off of you. It is not that one couldnt continue with this problem.

And @Casi

are you kidding us? It is great when you have soem content, which is challenging! No mezz from chanter means skill to get further and players have to adapt to the situation. Next would be to make nameds and then raid nameds mezzable so that you can win with mezz-nuke-mezz-nuke tactics like in the most kiddy games. Dont start waving the "Ponyfarm flag", at least not you, please. Id like to see much more content unmezzable.

Where are the times of Planes of Power, when there was content, most couldnt reach, because of the grade of difficulty? That consequent complaining about that brought us this childish content, where dont even need a progression to enter the zones. There should be zones, which cant be entered immediatly by everyone.
  10. Bauer Augur

You are playing the wrong game, then.
    Devs have stated numerous times, they are not catering content to be hard for the 1%.
    Get that pony flag and start waving!
    :)
  11. Casidia Augur

What does 1 thing have to do with the other?
    During Velious there was a bunch of Chanters switching to other classes because of this no-mezz crap.
    And in Frostcrypt iirc all mobs been too high for charm too.

If you want challenging group content, we need dungeons.
    Chanters been a part of that with their great CC, not some lame zones that are pretty easy but just have nothing for us to play around with.
  12. Agrippa Augur

I think the point was we have a variety of tools to put to use. Having a variety of mobs in zones that put these other tools to use is a good thing. A handful of bad enchanters that couldn't adapt to new challenges may have rerolled or quit in the past, but that certainly doesn't mean that everything has to be mezzable. You claim to want challenge, in the form of dungeons, yet you want to trivialize it by making everything mezzable? Anyhow, fix root already, please.
    Camou the Persistent likes this.
  13. Camou the Persistent Augur

CC is not only mezz. If you need to switch to a different class just because some zones content mobs where you cant use 1 CC option of them (Mesmerize, Blurr, Calm, Stun, Charm, Root, Punt, Snare-kite, Fear, and of course off-tank in different ways, not to forget that Enchanters are brilliant pullers and can still pull like in 1999 - single mobs, in every zone, which is also some kind of CC) then those who switched class have chosen the wrong class, even if you didnt have punt and snare kite at velious times.

Enchanters do not only exist to cast tash and mesmerize on mobs, and do the classic 2 buffs haste and crack. That kind of view at our class is soooooooooooooooooooo 2K and outdated that it is a shame to even mention it. And even when an Enchanter doesnt CC, there is still lots and even more lots he can do - but im a bit tired of again and again and yes, AGAIN write down everything our class can do. We are the most versatile class. Just try it and learn.
  14. Camou the Persistent Augur

I think honestly i have chosen the right game. The problem is, that game designers and devs in the majority dont play the games they are designing - else certain failures and bugs we have encountered in VoA and RoF wouldnt even have come up in life content. EQ is more and more handled like the heartless beginner game Everquest 2, which is a pitty. But that is a question of the fee also, and most wouldnt pay more for Everquest, just to have a good content. Rof is a very cheap expansion, low cost designed and everybody can feel that.

When CotF comes it will be like in RoF too: 1st month normal grade of difficulty, then nerfed to nothing until you are able to molo the first tiers. If that wouldnt be the standard, then EQ would be challenging, but after 2 days the forum is full of complaints of those who maybe wouldnt see the first hero mission in the T1 without a nerf to the content.
  15. Casidia Augur

No reason to hold your nose so high there ;)
    I'm fine without mez usually, just like you are..we are raid geared and talk about group play.
    But what you mention is just not fun to play..

Root? It doesn't get worse than that for me when playing a chanter, i leave that to Rangers, Shms...whoever.

Tank? Cool, get yourself some group gear and put away the raid stuff, and go to a challenging zone with a group. Then tank.

Stun..fun in the AE version, and a silly experience when cast single.
    I still shiver at Crystallos where everyone wanted Chanters to stun most mobs.
    Playing Bingo is more interesting.

Blur, Calm, Fear, Kite...that's all bollocks in zones with tough mobs and surroundings (which is why we have this little argument, challenges..), none of this would help your group much unless you have no trouble here anyway. Blur for leaving mobs behind sure, but not to stop them.

No Mezz also takes away our most fun dps tool with chaotic twincasts.
    I never said i want everything mezzable, just that whole zones with those mobs (usually Giants) suck.
    No idea why people jumped me and think that i would mind some not mezzables mixed in.
    silku likes this.
  16. Havanap Elder

BDB a mob then root it. After BDB root fades the mob walks around with Root on. BUG! Please have root overwrite BDB root, and vice versa.