Bazaar trader question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by asgaard, Feb 6, 2014.

1. asgaard Augur

Sometimes my trader stops showing up on a bazaar search. To fix it all I have to do is end trader mode and begin it again. I haven't watched it closely enough to find out exactly how often it happens, but it's at least once a day. I do a baz search with the trader first, and if he doesn't show up I'll do a search with another toon to make sure.

It's a minor inconvenience, but it's been happening for a long time and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this happen and if there's something I can do to fix it. Thanks.
  2. Fendy Augur

Sometimes I'll find a trader only to find him invisible. Targeted, but can't right click on him so not able to buy. Not a a big deal for me as a buyer, but as a trader the poor guy's not going to be able to sell anything.
  3. asgaard Augur

I'm not sure if my trader is targetable when that happens, but I'll check using a different toon next time. What happens is he doesn't show up in the search window at all. I sell potions and when I select potion in the select by type category and click find items he doesn't show up at all in the list of traders. I have to end and begin trader mode again to get him to show up.
  4. Yther Augur

Sounds like you've been positioning him at the edge of a platform and the server thinks he fell off the trader area. Could be something else newer I'm not aware since I haven't played a trader since after f2p and offline trading and such. But that used to be the main problem for that happening previously.

BTW: I've seen it happen even at the edge near the wall, just in case you were thinking pressing up against a wall would help. Seems like you needed to be in the middle of the platform to avoid it, if it happened to you. Alot of people never have had the problem though, as I see lots of people on the edge all the time.

Just an idea.

Yther Ore.
    moogs likes this.
  5. asgaard Augur

Thanks Yther. I did have him right at the edge of the platform. I got tired of other people putting their trader right in front of and up against mine. I'll move him back a little and see if that fixes it.
  6. JacklSK Augur

I've run into this on several occasions myself, mostly with traders that are in offline mode ( pretty sure that what the pale pinkish hp bar means on target )

It is bothersome, as it's usually those with the lowest price on a given item, and it can't help them sell their wares.
  7. asgaard Augur

I just woke up from a nap and checked my trader again. I had moved him back as Yther suggested.

I sell skinspikes and 5 other potion types. When I did the baz search this time, with potion selected in the select by type window, he showed up as selling the skinspikes but nothing else. Same thing when I used a different toon to do the search from the guild lobby and after entering the bazaar. He was visible and I could click on him with the other toon and see everything he was selling.

On the other toon I put 'any' back on the select by type window and entered philter in the item name window and did another search. He showed up as selling the other potions, which are all philters.

I moved him back further so he's in the middle of the platform away from the edges and reset trader mode. He's showing up in the potion search again. I'll check him again later.

I did notice one thing this time. There is another trader who sells one of the same type philters as I do. He didn't show up in the any search either, but showed up as well when I did the philter search.
  8. Yther Augur

That sounds like a new bug in the /baz search window. I'd /bug report it, and have others do it also so it gets noticed.

Yther Ore.
  9. Yther Augur

Also, the /baz results window is limited to the number of items it reports; I think it's 200. Just in case you're getting more than that. I doubt it now-a-days with a filter set, but you never know.

Yther Ore.
  10. asgaard Augur

It happened again. I'll submit a bug report, but I'm starting to think it isn't a bug and the system is working as intended.

I think everyone who searches the bazaar should know about this, though. I've sold only potions so I don't know if this affects people selling other stuff.

If you're looking for a specific potion, for instance philter of major translocation, it's best to enter that in the item name window and then click find items. You would probably get all traders if you type in philter. If you select potion in the select by type window, you might not see all the traders who are selling what you're looking for and you may end up paying more than you should.
    Yther likes this.