Bazaar Merc

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Cloud the Third, Jul 20, 2023.

1. Cloud the Third Augur

Is a merc suppose to charge a fee when they are in bazaar? I know guild lobby and pok they will waive the fee. Why doesn't bazaar waive the fee as well. I guess it is the first time I was in a rush to get my bazaar mule setup and didn't notice he had a merc up and lost a ton of plat from him sitting there being charged for hours.
  2. Bernel Augur

It's not the zone which controls it. It's whether or not you're in AFK mode and whether the merc goes auto passive. Check your AFK settings in the General tab:

[IMG]

It'd be nice if the merc didn't charge when they were in no-combat zones without having to go into passive mode. I'm pretty sure I've seen people asking for that.

IMPORTANT! One thing to remember if you have the merc go auto passive is that it will be passive until you make it active. If you forget and go into combat expecting the merc to help, it will stand there idly in passive mode watching you die.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Your merc will charge every 15 minutes unless they are on Passive. Note that if you turn them Passive, they will charge you once the next time it is due and then stop charging after that. Until you make them active again.

As said by Bernel above, the zone they are in makes no difference.

[Wed Jul 05 19:26:05 2023] Your mercenary waived an upkeep cost of 259 plat, and 1 gold or 1 Bayle Mark and your mercenary upkeep cost timer has been reset to 15 minutes.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think you might be confusing this with that setting in options - general - lower left - auto merc passive. This setting will only work if you enable the box above it that says "auto turn on afk" then when the timers clicks to put you auto afk it will also auto click your merc to passive. At least that is how it was meant to work, not sure I trust it any longer

Either that or your thinking of buffs that don't count down.