Basic Questions for returning player

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dreamer05, Aug 2, 2015.

1. dreamer05 Lorekeeper

Haven't played EQ in years. The new TLP are an obvious draw for an old EQ player. I've looked around for answers to my basic questions, but can't find them, so here we go.

1) Are the Luclin character graphics being used, or are they using the classic graphics?
    2) Are the revamped zones (Freeport) still revamped, or were they able to roll them back to classic?
    3) Do we still buy spells like we used to from vendors, or do they come automatically as we level?
    4) Leveling rate, same as classic, or sped up?
  2. dreamer05 Lorekeeper

Oh and;
    5) Corpse runs?
  3. Steampunk Augur

1) Luclin models, but you can pick the classic models if you want
    2) Still revamped
    3) Buy. Is there really some version somewhere where you just get them?
    4) Sped up some
    5) You stuff goes with you, not on your corpse. But you can still run get it if you miss the corpse runs
  4. Bandok Augur

1) Luclin graphics, but you can set character models to whichever of the two you prefer, using the options in the game launcher.
    2) Any zone that had its geometry changed uses the new geometry. Freeport, South Ro + Oasis (now just South Ro), and others.
    3) You still buy spells from the vendors and/or researchers.
    4) Levelling rate is set to be approximately twice as fast as classic (as in, about 2x the exp per mob), but in practice it is faster because we can kill stuff far faster now than we could in true classic.
    5) No corpse runs, except to get exp back from a rez. Your items do not stay on your corpse.
  5. dreamer05 Lorekeeper

Thanks! Now how do I select the TLP server on server select? They aren't showing up.
  6. Steampunk Augur

You have to have an All-Access account. F2P doesn't work.
  7. Finley Augur

It's /decaycorpse I think to poof your corpse if you don't want embarrassing evidence of your failure left around
  8. EQCleric4Life Lorekeeper

You didn't ask this but good information is at level 5 you get an alternate ability called Origin. It's like a gate but returns you to your home city. Everyone regardless of class has this ability.

If you're trying to play classic style you can forgo this ability but I find it extremely useful to get out of a deep dungeon at the end of a night without having to fight all the way out again.