Basic 2 box question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by teduke, Oct 26, 2014.

1. teduke Journeyman

I recently decided to get on the 2 box bandwagon. But I have question right out of the box. Do I have to download and install the EQ client files twice into 2 different directories or can I just launch the same client file and change the account login?

thanks,
  2. Brohg Augur

One folder works fine.

Notable: with one install only, keybinds will be shared between all the accounts & characters. This will matter if you've messed with the spell bar for instance.
  3. teduke Journeyman

Ah, okay so If I want a different setup I should launch from 2 folders
  4. Tatankawolfdancer Elder

Depends what you mean by "set-up". I run my three from one folder, so keybinds are shared. But that's a good thing. If I use a certain keybind to open a certain window, I want that the same in all three windows, so it's not really a problem. You can still configure socials separately, and arrange their hotbars and spellbars separately, so it's not an issue.

The only real problem would be, if, as Brohg alluded to, you use multi-binding for cast bars, and those were different for the two chars. I don't use multi-binding, so there's no issue for me.

Tat
  5. Raptorjesus5 Augur

I would try with one install first and see if you will run into the issue. I've been boxing for several years now and so far I've managed to avoid it by assigning different hot bars to different characters.
  6. Metanis Bad Company

Or you could use the premier solution, [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] from Joe at Lavishsoft.
  7. Tatankawolfdancer Elder

Also highly recommended :)

Tat