Bard: Why are their so many bad songs?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Shakara, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Shakara Augur

As I have been leveling up I have noticed that there are a lot of songs at the high end that are not really pulling their weight and a lot of these issues seems like a simple numbers tweek so I am not sure if I am missing something or not.
    Omorden's Song of Suffering seem extremely under tuned. Why not just bump up the numbers? or remove the hit cap and buff the proc rate? or just remove it entirely and roll it into the Arcane Symphony line.
    Sontalak's Aria and all the other spell focus also seems just straight under tuned. Could just bump up the numbers or make the damage pre crit.
    Sofia's Burning Call and its line seem like they don't have an identity. What is the intended purpose of this song?
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

The Bard class and songs are a house of cards, made of thin glass, on a table made of jello. Anything the touch might make the game implode.
    Andarriel, Cuuthbert and Elyssanda like this.
  3. GamerDad New Member

LOL. It sure felt that way even back 15 years ago when I last played. Bard in general is so different. I can imagine everything they code have an if class == "bard" then do something different
    Elyssanda likes this.
  4. Cuuthbert Augur

Sofia's burning call is not horrid it is just very situational. That 300 range can be useful if a long pull is needed. Also when there is a mob in a raid that requires fire based damage for bane.... it does very well. Used it on a bile of bones a lot in ROS 2.2. Other songs you listed while you are max AA they become not as useful are still good songs for a bard with a Low AA count where their Chants and Synergy lines are not done yet.