Bard: which songs should I stack to boost caster dps?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Treesong, May 27, 2013.

1. Treesong Elder

Hello, my box-group is described above (Can a beastlord tank high end group content), but I figured I put this in a separate post since it is avery specific Bard question (that may help others that box a Bard). Group is 74 BL (tank), 73 Mage, Almost 73 Wizard and almost 73 Bard. I alos field a J1 merc healer and an app 5 merc wizard

When a mob is incoming I start singing Warmarch of Muram (for the 2 pets and Beastlord), Errolisi's Cantata, Song of the Storm (procs) and Verse of Vesagran(through a complicated melody sequence that I got from the internet), to mitigate some damage for my BL. I also have Aura of the Muse going.

At level 72, my Bard has gotten access to some more caster-dps boosting, i.e. Arcane Aria and the Performers Psalm of Pyrotechnics(at 73).

The question: am I right in thinking that each of these (Aura of the Muse, Arcane Aria, Song of the Storm and Performers Psam of Pyrotechnics) all do slightly different things and can be sung together, if I wished? Especially wondering about Arcane Aria and PPP, but I tried it with the level 72 Chill song and both icons appear, so it seems yes.

I am thinking of dropping the damage mitigate song (btw, this would now become Song of the Dryad which is easier to twist into the melody) and also Errolisi's Cantata, and then use the above 3.

I am also wondering which song I should choose, once Aura of the Muse become too low level and I have to replace it with a real song that does the same: Aria of the Artist. I guess I would drop Arcane Aria.
    Would love to hear what other Bards would do at this level, well, for their boxed Bards at least. :) Thanks for any insights.
  2. Bashiok Crownguard Augur

yeah you could do them together, aria of the artist costs mana so keep that in mind. also song of the storm got an upgrade to storm blade at 69ish I believe. i got an 81 bard bot but I'm still learning pal/x/bard.
  3. Treesong Elder

Thanks, I had forgotten about Storm Blade, will be sure to use that from now on. So basically the extra nuke-damage of Aria just stacks with the extra nuke-damage of PPP. That's nice. I do notice the difference in mitigation against hard-hitters when I leave out Song of the Dryad but for most of the grinding I prefer the extra DPS for now. I can already see how I will need the damage mitigation in the future though, when I hit the harder expacs.