[Bard] [Tribute] [Fury of Combat] [TLP] Does this Tribute work on classes that cannot Triple attack?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Siilmaril, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Siilmaril New Member

The Fury of Combat Tribute item gives a chance to Flurry. Flurry appears to be based on Triple Attacking.

For Mangler server still capped at Level 70 (Omens of War), Bards do not have the Triple Attack skill. And the Burst of Power AA ability only gives us a chance to Double Attack.

Is it correct to assume, then that Fury of Combat does nothing for Bards at this point in TLP progression?
  2. roth Augur

Probably not? But I don’t know that for sure, I don’t pay much attention to TLP.

Parse it and let us know!
  3. Szilent Augur

Bard melee abilities weren't addressed until much later. I was going to just say "after TSS" but I looked it up - didn't even start till SoF. Triples (barely) started in SoF, then innate (but loooow) chance to Flurry in SoD, with another huge boost in the VoA levels.

I clearly remember that bard melee was so bad that Steam-Powered Cogblaster from the dancers event in Dreadspire was by FAR the best weapon they could wield when it dropped, despite the ratio being completely terrible, because it had a good proc. Luminous Froststeel Warclub from TSS following it up was the same thing, great proc with shabby as heck ratio, but best bard weapon because their melee abilities were terrible anyhow. Bards & beastlords both, same situation
  4. Siilmaril New Member

Following several weeks of parsing (OoW and DoN eras of Mangler), I can confirm that this Tribute option does nothing at any point of progression where Bards do not have Triple Attack.

Consider alternatives if your server is within this progression envelope.