Bard single target slows

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Azhrarn, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Azhrarn New Member

Ever since hitting level 60, I have had problems with the slow-song: Angstlich's Assonance, and now that PoP has arrived, the same problem plagues my Requiem of Time song. Very often when trying to cast these spells, they will finish their cast time, and at the end simply not work. I don't mean that they are resisted, they do nothing at all. If a mob is unaggroed, and I cast it upon it, he will not notice me when this happens. I am able to somewhat mitigate the issue if I stand still when I start the cast, as well as when I finish the cast. If I try to sing it in the middle of a string of other songs, generally while swinging at a monster, the song will nearly always fail to cast. Anyone else struggle with this?
  2. -wycca Augur

If I recall this line has a stun component to it? It always seemed to cause it to never work the few times I bothered trying to use it.

I usually just ae slow or horn of shadows.
  3. Azhrarn New Member

Aye, ae slow is good. The Requiem of Time song however brings a much more powerful slow to our repertoire, it's just very annoying to use as it is working for me. :/
  4. Artero New Member

Bad bard is bad, l2p?
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Never had that problem in years and years of using RoT on live. Haven't played my bard in awhile though so I guess it's possible they jacked something up? Only thing that comes to mind is that you are starting to sing it while in range then moving out of range before it finishes.
  6. Zigs New Member

Haven't had a single issue with RoT or otherwise.
  7. Dobs Elder

Equip a percussion instrument.
  8. Jarith Lorekeeper

Past the range issue, I've seen it occasionally if you're using /melody before and don't take care to stop it first. Take a split second to determine that you have, in fact, stopping singing.
  9. darksinga Journeyman

Try make sure you're 100% in range. Somewhere on allakhazam mentions it was changed to AE at one point.
  10. svann Augur

Requiem of Time is not an ae and does not have a stun.
    edit: Angstlitchs assonance same.
    edit2: both brass and neither require instrument

If you are using stopsong before RoT there is an issue where it will replay the last song in the melody before stopping and that can interfere with the new song.
  11. svann Augur

12. Azhrarn New Member

It's not a matter of range, as it most often happens while I am swining at a mob, and trying to use it straight out of a melody by clicking alt+spellslot. It is also a problem I have ONLY with Assonance and RoT, which I think disqualifies the stopsong issue. I find it very strange that it only happens to me tho.. :p
  13. Jaime Lannister Augur

Sounds like a terrible problem. I cannot recreate it though, and do not remember ever having this issue. Been using AA all night with zero issues.
  14. Iowna New Member

I have had the not work thing happen.
    It is random though, so I just assumed that it was due to a resist or my clicking my melody hotkey too soon afterwards.

I wouldn't call it "gamebreaking".
    And the resist rate, with just epic, is about 20%?
    And I have yet to have it get resisted if malo or tash is on the mob (if that matters).
  15. Azhrarn New Member

It can be rather frustrating. I find that I get one good shot at the spell actually succeeding to cast while I am pulling. If this cast resists and I want to start rolling my melody and engage in melee, I often find myself casting RoT 3-4 times in a row without it actually firing. Anyways, thanks for the responses guys, guess I'll try to petition it.
  16. Barallron Journeyman

I havent hit 64 to try out Requiem but they both have a 1 minute duration on effect. They also do not refresh as often as other songs.

You may be able to fix your problem by using a different melody: /melody 12342342341 with 1 being your slow song. it should refresh by then allowing you to cast it again. this is just an example as you may need to adjust.
  17. Brumans Augur

I suspect this is it. /melody causes lots of weird issues. Like even things like summon items or using an illusion clicky, if I don't make sure /melody is good and stopped before doing so, will make it show the cast bar for the other item, then it'll tick down and...nothing happens.

And getting /melody to stop isn't straightforward either. I often have to hit the /stopsongs macro a few times to really stop it.
  18. Azhrarn New Member

I will attempt to be more careful with stopping melody, as it does only seem to be a problem then. Thanks!