bard reverse charming

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by nick121, Jan 25, 2020.

1. nick121 New Member

Hello,

Just got my first charm and was attempting to do the ol' reverse bard charm of charming one target then when 18 sec charm breaks i charm the other mob and sick on old pet. this does not seem to be working as the new mob cant grab old mobs attention. Did i miss a change somewhere that this no longer works? how do bards use the 18 sec charm?
  2. Troutfest Augur

Old pet will chase you a long time. If it has a lot of hp recharm until near dead then break and finish with dots. Don't charm another until old one dead to make sure you get all the exp. I'd you have fast cast in his of some kind, like goblin gazuhgi ring, always pull packs of social mobs. That way pet loses hp fast and break charm before it dies and dot it. Then repeat with next mob in pile. 18 sec charm is hard to do on just one cast though.
  3. Cloud the Third Augur

Bard charm is pretty much worthless today with all the summoning and casting mobs. Just say no to using bard charm unless it is on a raid that requires it.
  4. ibc93 Elder

Depends what era you are charm kiting. I've done it a lot on P99 and it works great on TLPs from Classic to at least PoP. Do it all the time on Mangler. But I think charm kiting falls to the wayside in much later expansions. Just youtube "bard charm kiting guide" Some fine details to it like aggro generation and such.
  5. Cloud the Third Augur

PoP was the last expansion to use swarm kiting after that it died off. Not to say there aren't a few areas later on you can do it but it is never the ideal method for leveling. Swarming (charm kiting) died off with the end of plane of nightmare.
  6. svann Augur

I stopped using it when they changed the range on charm to melee distance. They've since increased it but still no where near the range it used to have.