Bard - Reflexive Retort

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Jmac, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Jmac Elder

Just wondering why when I hit Refexive Retort I don't get any mana back from the ability? In the description it says the group will receive a portion of mana back and all of our other abilities that affect the rest of the group are for us also except this one. I am using the rank 2 version, but would assume that the other ranks work the same way.

I know we won't benifit from the extra mana very often, but it would be nice to get a rez during a fight, hit RR and have a little mana to charm, fade, or mezz if needed.

I also noticed that the cleric AA, Quiet Miracle doesn't affect bards either. I box a shammy and cleric and have tested this alot and I'm pretty sure I don't have anything blocked on my bard that would prevent this from landing on me. Was this intended or just overlooked?
  2. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

As far as I know only Divine Rez affects bard mana, and nothing else.
  3. Derd Augur

Pretty much what sirene said, none of the ability's to push mana to someone else will give a bard mana back. We also do not get mana from our delayed reaction hp mana song. When it says group it means everyone else :) And yes that is intended, whenever someone asks me about it i just remind them that we get to run and cast , even clickies ! I will gladly give up a bit of mana regen ability for that reason alone.
  4. Falos Augur

There are other situational advantages to bards not being able to regain mana from these abilities. I vastly prefer it the way things are.
    Aldren and Jyve like this.
  5. Darrkin Skies Elder

Nothing "mana regenation" related reflects on the bards Mana pool. Saying that though also means we are less likely and often resist anything that has mana drain on it other than death.

It is a trade off we get horrible Mana regen/not affected by outside mana regen to No mana drains.
  6. Jyve Augur

"wait, what about necro twitch? Does that work?"
  7. Darrkin Skies Elder

Imaasmack you down Hard Jyve
  8. Cyantune Journeyman

In raids necros will try and twitch you, clerics quite miracle, chanters use spire, dragons wil try and drain it, and the list goes on... your mana will not change.