Bard moloing

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by ceto, Apr 3, 2018.

1. ceto Elder

Hiya folks,

I just started a bard today and got him to level 10. I love him so far, but when does moloing start to become painful for a Bard? Also, are instruments still important nowadays, if they are, which should I be using and when?

Sorry for all, the questions, but the Bard seems like a fun class and I want to do it right.

Thanks!
    moogs and IblisTheMage like this.
  2. Brohg Augur

Since you provide haste and some regen to your own tank mercenary, you can molo pretty efficiently just partnered with her straight through level 70. By 80, the kill times for exp content will be pret-ty bad doing that, so by then you'll want to either recruit teammates, jump into higher leveled groups, or take up a fancier soloing style.
    fransisco, Tucoh and moogs like this.
  3. ptah Augur

I would agree with brohg.

As you level up higher and higher. There is another option of using a clr merc and fade tanking with the support of your clr merc. Control your agro for when you want it.. or don't want it. Mixing is reckless or a stun can help pally merc do just fine.. as you toggle in and out of agro.

Is the xp great no.. but its a option I don't see used all that often. Similar silliness of rogue merc with kiting is something as well. Note this is not xp for you.. its stuff to use if the situation of a summor or mob with tons of hp is needed for a quest.

Have fun and enjoy.
  4. Derd Augur

I am 92.3 percent sure that defiant gear has instrument mods on it, so no instruments aren't extremely necessary. At low levels certain instruments may function slightly better (drum for selos, flute for mezzing and so on) but I don't think for the most part you would notice. Happy barding!
    eepok likes this.
  5. ceto Elder

Would I be better off making a Ranger then, if I want to molo?
  6. Brohg Augur

If that's what you want? Shadowknight. Just don't expect to convert to raiding at any point because there's muggajillions of them.
  7. Zaviere Augur

The title of this thread is an oxymoron.
    fransisco and Wulfhere like this.
  8. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I molo in ROS at 110 with Cleric merc healing me while I tank.
  9. Fohpo Augur

Turning in bone chips or handing in Crushbone belts is probably more efficient
  10. fransisco Augur

reminds me of back in classic, I knew a warrior that was dead set determined to solo.
  11. svann Augur

I did molo the vp part of the crestra quest, up till the veeshan's tears stage. I dont recommend it as a general practice though.
  12. Nniki Augur

Yep. A level 110, EoK-raid geared bard can molo the entire quest. After I finished RoS group progression, I had almost all of the necessary tradeskill drops and did the Crestra's Earring tasks in about 2.5 hours with just a healer merc.