Bard / Mage

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Vilkke, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Vilkke New Member

I could not find any clear answer to this, so will make a new post with the question, my apologies if it bothers some of you.

I am running a bard/mage duo, and would like some input and tips on how to maximise the dmg output for the duo.

Which songs should I focus on using, I am currently running a 6 song melody, I have 1 sec or 2 droptime from last song til it restarts the cycle, is it better to go to 5 songs?

Any helpful tips on what songs to line up would be much appriciated.
    I am more then thankful for any other info that might be helpful besides songs/melody.

V.
  2. Piemastaj Augur

Your levels would be beneficial. Also are you relying on mercs?
  3. Vilkke New Member

Bard is lvl 100 and mage is 96. And yes using mercs, Tank/heal combo, but testing out using pet as tank and going dps/heal mercs.
  4. Zaxamaphone Augur

At those levels use your pet to tank (providing you have all the pet tank AA's) and use your bard as puller/buffer bot. Go with a healer merc and wizard dps merc. That combo will tear through about any content you come up against.

Here is some advice on songs (courtesy of Sirene)

- level 100 melee group:
    • Aria of Va'Ker
    • Arcane Hymn
    • Kaficus' Song of Suffering
    • War March of Protan
    • + Aura of Va'Ker
    - level 100 caster group:
    • Aria of Va'Ker
    • Arcane Hymn
    • Pulse of Salarra
    • Gosik's Aria (wiz/mag) / Siavonn's Psalm of Potency (nec)
    • + Aura of Salarra
    - choices for the 5th (and 6th) song:
    • Chorus of _____ (caster groups that need the extra mana)
    • _____'s Spry Sonata (heavy AE dmg / tank needs a boost)
    • Fatesong of ____ (+ cold bonus for wiz, dru, BL)
    • ____ Song of Suffering (if your group has a lot of pets)
    • _____'s Reckless Renewal (+ heal crit chance, if you're surrounded by clerics)
    - ____ Spiteful Lyric is a good trade for ___ Song of Suffering if your group needs the AC boost more than DPS. Also the Potency line (dot bonus dmg) only affects fire & magic dots that last over 18 seconds (no swift dots) so it works best on a boss fight or in raids.

- melody:
    When I melody 5 songs (1 being overhaste song, 7 being crescendo) it looks like this:
    /melody 1 2 3 4 1 5 2 3 1 4 5 2 1 4 3 5 7
    When I disc (A Tune Stuck In Your Head) I use this melody (could be improved, but lazy):
    /melody 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 7
  5. Bardy Elder

I would sing 5 songs, 6 you probably are dropping some for too long.

Use Echo of Va'Ker where the pet is going to be fighting the mob, so the Servant pets can get the benefits. Aura isn't good if you are pulling or are not near the group at times.
  6. Corak Elder

Make sure you have purchased Extended Ingenuity AA on the bard: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...s-and-extended-ingenuity.200010/#post-2959976
    This allows a 6 song weave to work well.

You absolutely want to use the 96 air pet (and later the 99 earth pet) as your tank, either is way better than a tank merc. Also get the pet defensive AA's maxed on the mage. Make sure you have the best pet focus you can get -- not too hard to box the EM14 ear drop off Hoary Gargoyle in T4 RoF.

Use the Wiz merc on the bard character, because you can toggle Merc Balanced/Burn hotkeys while the bard is singing melody, but cannot toggle such hotkeys while a 5 nuke macro key is executing on the mage. It is very handy to start with the wiz merc on balanced and switch to burn about 5 sec after the mage pet engages.
  7. Piemastaj Augur

For a Magician ADPS you need these songs:

Kaficus's Song of Suffering
    Gosik's Aria
    Aria of Va'Ker
    Warmarch of Protan.
    Aura of Va'Ker

If you want to run more mana regen will be your best bet.
    Romance likes this.
  8. Siddar Augur

Suffering is a deagro proc if pet is tanking change it to spitefull lyric spiteful is less damage but give pet a melee agro proc.

I would recommend the following if pet is tanking.

Aria Va'ker
    Pulse Salara
    Spitefull Lyric
    Aria Va'ker
    Chorus of Salara
    Doben's Spry Sonata

Make the above loop on a melody hotkey twice and then add Motlak's Lively Crescendo as the last song.

Use ether aura are echo of Va'ker for swarm pets or Aura or Salara if you want even more mana regen instead..
  9. Piemastaj Augur

The proc is a 7.1k nuke and the deaggro is 1.4k. Making it so the hate generated is far greater then the hate lowered. Pets do more aggro then any harm this spell could inflict with the deaggro proc. You would be hindering yourself by playing Spiteful over Suffering.

Spiteful is hardly less DMG it is like 1/15th the DMG.

And War March is better then Doben's for the pet tanking.
  10. Siddar Augur

I don't believe the proc generates any agro the deagro portion is the replacement for the normal agro the proc would have had.
  11. SlidHomes New Member

I run mage/bard duo. When I need dps from the mage I use the bard Fierce Eye AA, along with twincast & virlent talon on pet. The dps flows... I always play song of suffering for the proc dps, the spite line is not really needed with our badass pets

Aria
    Warmarch
    Suffering
    Arcane
    Spry/Regen/Gosik

You always want aria playing, so mix it in your melody twice so it doesnt fade.
    /melody 1 2 3 1 4 5
  12. Reviled Elder

I play a Mage bard combo and typically use the same lineup as slid. However I don't double cast aria as the aura sufficiently covers the 1-2 sec gap you get in aria. I don't find mana on the Mage to really be an issue so I don't play mana regent much, just hit crescendo on bard every so often. Gosiks is usually my 5th song.

Wizard merc all the way. My pet is a damn beast of a tank.

I also sometimes 3 box a necro. Pull with bard, hit Mage macro that sics pet on target casts swarm pet and a couple nukes, then I mostly play the necro. Everything but named mobs are dead by the time I've cast 3 quick dots and necro pets.