Bard Leveling Advice (70)

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Judg, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Judg New Member

I recently returned to EQ after a long break (10+ years). It has been a rocky return, but I feel like am back in the saddle now. I would like to start swarm kitting, but the I am level 70 and the current charm requires me to stand toe to toe with my enemies. Can anyone offer advice on the best way to solo up a few levels to bridge the gap to the next ranged charm spell?

I have tried soloing in Wall of Slaughter, but I'm getting stomped when I go in with a Tank Merc and I'm not sure where to go from here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  2. teralas New Member

Frankly, charm kiting with the lvl 70, 74, and 79 charm songs probably isn't worth the effort, as you need to snare the target in your pack first, then run back and land the charm within melee range. I remember doing that long ago and it being very aggravating and time consuming. In light of that, you're probably better off in lower level zones where our low DPS can be put to use against weaker mobs. Look for light blues to a lvl 70 - so temple of droga, bastion of thunder, crypt of decay, the lvl 60 and 65 hot zones. Wall of Slaughter is normally very good xp, so if you can solo melee there, then that's great. Maybe pick up a healer merc and try a melody of haste, storm blade (69), and three dots, plus have Aura of the Muse running. All spells can be purchased in the library in POK now so you can go there to fill out your songbook.
    Until you get to 84, though, grouping is probably your most efficient way of levelling. Try zoning into the hotzones or plane of fire, or Dragonscale Hills and asking aloud for a group. Usually there's a group at the farm and they'll take you in. Once you get level 84 you can begin charmkiting again with a more "normal" charm range, and for this I recommend going to Toskirakk and charming the ogres there.