[Bard] Instrument Finesse caps at 95/100. Please update!

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Benito, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Greetings,

I just noticed that my instrument finesse focus (extra song tick mod) is not working for my 101-105 songs. My instrument does not "sparkle" when casting songs. Hopefully one of the devs can have a look and update the focuses to level 105.

Thank you.
  2. Romance Augur

Are there new instruments in tds w/ finesse mods on them?
  3. Brohg Augur

4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

^Nope.

To clarify:

Twisted Reed Flute (Woodwind Finesse) will work with level 99 charm (Voice of Motlak) but not level 104 charm (Voice of Silisia). Flute will only work with Woodwind-based Mezz for levels 91 (Lullaby of the Forlorn) and below.

Interestingly, Illdaera's Steel Drum will work with all 101-105 DoT chants.

Perhaps, Wind, Brass, String songs weren't coded in for 95/100+ - intentionally or not? No problems with Wind, Brass, and String for songs 95 or below.

Hope Prathun or another dev can look into it.

Item and Focus in Question:

[IMG]
  5. Brudal Augur

Looks intentional

6. Romance Augur

So basically, why should an old focus work on new spells?
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Percussion Finesse is working on 101-105 chants.

I don't understand the discrepancies between different instrument types and within each type.

I looked at the spell data but the each of the focus stops working at different levels (Percussion works up to 105) and on different types of songs (Charm up to 99/Mezz up to 91 on Woodwind).

Devs have said that foci would be updated. Figured that, without updated instruments in TDS, they could update the old foci. Besides, the old foci is not necessarily "old" if you consider that it was implemented with Hardcore Mistmoore's "Lute of the Gypsy Princess" and "Mistmoore Battle Drums."
  8. Romance Augur

It's because chants are level 1 spells that are triggered at a 100% chance off the level 101-105 spell. So it sounds like it is currently working properly.
  9. svann Augur

Because there arent any new bard focusses?
  10. Nniki Augur

Bard... focus upgrades? Come on now. Everyone knows bards only get stat upgrades on new armor! :p