Bard epic: still worth doing?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vontod, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Vontod Augur

Morning all,

With PoP only 2 months away, is it worth trying for the bard epic?

I didn't bother with it in the past because I wasn't I'm a guild that raided, but I was recently invited into one thay raids kunark and velious. I was reading guides on p99 and it looks like the only 'raid mobs' are track, phinny, and a red dragon... is that correct?

Thanks,
    ~Von
  2. malaki Augur

Phinny has MotM but isn't really a raid mob anymore.
  3. Garmr Augur

yes, it is still worth doing. do it.
  4. Vontod Augur

When does it go obsolete? I remember instrument mods popping up on PoP gear. Not sure if they replace the epic.

Thanks,
    ~Von
  5. Garmr Augur

Not sure when it goes obsolete, never played a bard, but if you're in a casual raid guild now and are able to obtain it, it's still a weapon you want. Also, keep in mind for your 1.5 etc epics, you'll need to have completed the 1.0 anyway.
  6. Machen New Member

Except that you don't, because you can do the 1.5 prequest instead. (Bard is one of the most trivial prequests if not the most trivial.) And it's still a long ways to oow. Doubt you'll see too many bards wielding epics during pop and ldon and gates, especially once the SoB clicks start rolling in.
  7. Vontod Augur

Sorry, but what is a 'SoB' clicky?

Also, for a non raider (which I conside myself), it would still be a worthwhile weapon to get and not soon replaced?
  8. Machen New Member

Symphony of Battle, it's a click buff from a bard weapon in PoTime and another in Tacvi. Replaces Dance of Blades on the bard 1.0.

Edit to add - I don't know the answer to the non raider question, not sure what the availability of bard instrument mods are on group gear in PoP. Iirc in LDoN you can get bard instrument mod augs, so that would replace the need, but I don't know about what group weapons are available at that point to compare.
  9. mackal Augur

Symphony of Battle.
    Clickes on Songblade of the Eternal (potimeb Innoruuk) and Rapier of Somber Notes (tacvi Zun`Muram Yihst Vor)
  10. CaptainSkeet Augur

Not sure which "red" dragon is needed, but if it is Naggy then he's not too bad. Phinny is also easily done with 2 groups, less if well geared. The bottleneck will remain Trakkanon. He is tough with the MOTM buff, but if your guild is killing him then you should be in the clear.

As far as replacing it, you will most likely see it replaced soon after PoP. I know there is a nice bard sword in PoTime that should be a massive upgrade. I would say do it though to ease up on 1.5 quest, should you plan on doing that. Depending on your guild and what content you are killing, you might have to wait to complete it for a while.
  11. Really Angry Bear Journeyman

Definitely worth doing if you can. You probably won't replace the thing until PoTime, if you're even raiding that. It's pretty much the only item singing mod for awhile(stacks with the buff ones). If you can finish it soon, you can still get good mileage out of the thing.
  12. Soon Augur

13. Kloven Elder

Most the items referred to that would replace the 1.0 are from "raid" mobs, so if you're not a regular raider, then waiting on a drop from Saryrn, Time (which takes how many raids to get to) or Tacvi is probably not a good plan.

I'd complete your bard epic if your guild is capable now. The main components are Phinny who is trivial for a solid group, white scales from Vox/Gore, red scales from Naggy/Talendor or Nortlav in Hole, and then the Trak gut strings. The Trak guts are really the major hurdle I've seen, but a good test of a raid force even 2 expansions old.
  14. Vontod Augur

Excellent! This was exactly the answer/info I was looking for.

Thanks!
  15. MaabuIsTheWorst New Member

16. Poydras Augur

On the other hand if you're not raiding you don't need the singing mod so much. In grouping you'd do fine with a better ratio weapon instead. Though the instrument mods are still quite nice to have all the time.