Bard epic 1.5 dragons

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Quickwind, Dec 17, 2021.

1. Quickwind New Member

Any possibility of lowering the respawn of the dragons for the bard 1.5? 6 hours is a bit excessive on a server like Riz where there are just an absurd amount of bards. Or at the very least lower pick thresholds. Couldn't make a pick in Jaggedpine forest with 61 in the zone.
  2. Trebla7th Augur

2 hour respawn seems reasonable. In fact, that seems reasonable for every 1.5 mob across all classes. Especially with pick zones, anything longer is just an arbitrary bottleneck.

I'm pretty surprised it's still hotly contested 5+ weeks in on Rizlona. By ~2 weeks on Aradune they were very easy to find. And now they're almost always up.
  3. Machen New Member

Rizlona pop is significantly higher than Aradune now, and we have a very high proportion of bards. Nearly every group has one. Looking at my guild roster, roughly one out of every nine toons is a bard, out of about 800 total toons.
  4. Triconix Augur

Aren't they 2 hours rather than 6?

Laughs in Larnik
  5. Xhartor Augur

How many people on Rizlona are running a full 54 man raid, or 30+?

I would image those players have a bard in every group.
  6. Mrjon3s Augur

Rizlona probably has the most bards of any server. Every group has one.
  7. Gheed Is not reading your response

Spawn timers of dragons should be adjusted because of a one-off, boxing and hacks allowed server?

Interesting

I guess if you count 30 boxes as 30 people, yeah it is.
  8. Mrjon3s Augur

I mean he runs one of the guilds on the server that uses 54 mains. So you figure the ones in his guild boxing are running bards.
    Machen likes this.
  9. Poydras Augur

Looks like bards are extremely popular on TLP servers everywhere. I went around comparing the chat channel sizes, and bards were always one of the highest. I did forget about the existence of some classes though.

Aradune: [Sat Dec 18 12:46:32 2021] Channels: 1=Bard(71), 2=auction(25), 3=Cleric(75), 4=Enchanter(47), 5=Shaman(71), 6=Ranger(32), 7=Beastlord(34), 8=Druid(50), 9=Warrior(50), 10=Paladin(19)

Rizlona: [Sat Dec 18 12:54:49 2021] Channels: 1=Monk(181), 2=Bard(207), 3=Wizard(69), 4=Shaman(103), 5=Cleric(234), 6=Enchanter(74), 7=Paladin(31), 8=Ranger(72)

Mischief: [Sat Dec 18 12:39:34 2021] Channels: 1=Bard(173), 2=Cleric(195), 3=Enchanter(199), 4=Monk(156), 5=Ranger(112), 6=Paladin(58), 7=Shadowknight(84), 8=Beastlord(79), 9=Druid(87)

Thornblade: [Sat Dec 18 13:12:07 2021] Channels: 1=Bard(75), 2=Shaman(58), 3=Cleric(81), 4=Enchanter(65), 5=Monk(60), 6=Magician(33), 7=Wizard(21)
    Machen likes this.
  10. Machen New Member

We aim for 54 mains on our official raids except when splitting. But, almost all of us box, and many do offnight/extracurricular raids on alts. While we have a few that don't box at all, most of our guild boxes at least a group, some 2/3/4 groups... And the vast majority run a bard per group. I can think of only maybe 2-3 who went the enchanter route instead.
  11. Machen New Member

Always good info. Someone will chime in that it's not accurate because not everyone joins general channels, and while that's true there's no reason bards would opt in or out more than other classes. There is a higher likelihood players will be opted out on an older server though, as you only have to uncheck that box once and people get around to it over time for various reasons.

FYI you can do ;join thornblade.bard from any server to see the channel pop without having to log in to each server.

I think the difference between Rizlona Enchanters and Mischief Enchanters is pretty telling in terms of class balance as the game progresses.
  12. Machen New Member

DPG released our server, whether you approve or not. That comes with the same right to support that all the other servers enjoy. We have the same right to request improvements as anyone else.
  13. Naxo New Member

I don't remember the re-trigger time being 6 hours, but the "dire" mobs spawn immediately when a Bard on the correct step zones in.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

Ouch... That makes playing Thornblade look like investing in Yahoo instead of Google.
  15. Gheed Is not reading your response

Not how it works. Trigger mobs are on a 6 hour timer

Of course you have the same right to request improvements. I have the same right to share the opinion that it isn't necessary.

Your reason for needing the spawn timer changed is that "everyone boxes a bard on rizlona". I am not surprised that everyone boxes a bard where macaroni is allowed. Not sure how that warrants the changing of spawn timers where it isn't a problem on any other server.

I like that there are some things that require a tiny bit of effort instead of stumbling into every mob already up for your EPIC quest :rolleyes:
  16. Theepeat New Member

Id have to agree that this isnt really an issue.

Most of the epic fights have some sort of retrigger timer, often in the 6 hour range. That doesnt prevent you from popping a pick and doing it there if you absolutely have to do it right that minute. If you have so many boxes that this is an issue, popping a pick cant be one, so problem solved.
  17. Scornn Elder

These dragons are not on a fixed timer.

It's 4 hrs +/- 2 variance.

They can spawn as early as 2 hours after last being killed, or as late as 6.

Enjoy the hunt.
  18. Machen New Member

For what it's worth, I do too. I wasn't the one asking for the change.
  19. Sythrak20 Elder

Show us on the doll where macaroni touched you. Also this isn't effort, it's just an artificial gate. Everything with a long respawn timer is. It's just a lazy way to give you a false sense of accomplishment.

Jaggedpine with 100+ in the zone won't spawn a pick, at the very least the pick threshold for that zone should be lowered.
  20. Quickwind New Member

Jaggedpine Forest won't spawn a pick with 79 in the zone. Not sure if it just doesn't have load balancing or what the deal is. Also time sinks aren't challenges. They never have been, they are just nuisances.