Bard - Dirge of the Sleepwalker

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Kaxmax, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Kaxmax New Member

If you max out your AA for this ability is this the chosen mez song/ability?

Bit confused on whether to use the actual spell versus this ability.

Thanks.
  2. Syylke_EMarr Augur

The Dirge AA has a fairly lengthy reuse timer, but it casts much quicker than a normal mez song. I typically use it when I need to mez something *now*, rather than 3 seconds from now. Other than that, I use the standard mez song(s).

So think of it more as an emergency mez, rather than your standard go-to mez.
  3. Nniki Augur

Note: numbers below are in regards to ToV being the current expansion.

Dirge of the Sleepwalker is more of an ultimate, single-target mez for bards. In comparison to slumber, it lasts 72s versus 36s (Domination Mastery adds 18s duration to slumber) and has a 100% versus 50-52% chance to memblur, but it cannot replace having the song on your song bar. The main limiting factor is its 5 minute cooldown. Another thing to consider is that while it is less resistant than slumber, it's still not unresistable.

The 0.5s cast time makes it great for helping you lock down a crowd a little quicker. Having a ~2s faster cast time can sometimes be the difference between life and death. I'd often use it alongside AE mez in the past by first using wave on a crowd of 6+ and then using sleepwalker to quickly lock down one that still wasn't mezzed. In that respect, it makes a great emergency mez, but it can also just be used as a pulling tool if you want.

One last important thing to be aware of is that sleepwalker will continue to play just like a song on your song bar, so if it resists (and the target isn't immune), just let it keep playing so that it doesn't go to waste.
    Ezbro and code-zero like this.
  4. Kaxmax New Member

Thanks for the responses!