Bard damage proc song question

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Matik, Dec 17, 2021.

1. Matik New Member

My bard hit 61 and got song of the storm, much to my delight the damage is boosted by singing mod. However I noticed that while I’m sitting here hitting for 300 my merc was still hitting for 75. Does this mean real player group members would not get the modded damage either? It seemed strange since damage shield on my merc was buffed by amp
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

IIRC what happens is that each proc is as if the individual cast it. So your song just enables the procs, but then the other people cast it so if they dont get the focus benefit.
  3. Shakara Augur

Procs enabled by songs are focusable. Since you have an instrument mod equipped you are focusing the proc. People who are not bards do not have the ability to focus songs so they always will cast the proc at its unfocused value. This also means if you have 2 bards in the same group and one of you sings the proc song you will both proc for focused values.
    Svann2 likes this.
  4. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Adding on to this, character AAs that increase spell crit damage or chance can dramatically increase how good combat procs are as well. So a warrior proc might do a lot less damage than a hybrid who has access to more/better spell crit AAs.