- Bard - Changed Selo's Sonata = Broken now half the previous duration. :(

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Montag, Dec 19, 2019.

1. svann Augur

I havent noticed any problem with double invis, nor have I seen any threads about it. What is it?
  2. svann Augur

I have used mouse movement for 20 years and cant imagine any other way. Despite the occasional problem its still so much easier and smoother than keyboard movement. And it frees up keys for more keybinds.
  3. Maedhros High King

I don't know if I can adequately describe it that's why I haven't bug reported.
    The gist is that sometimes if a person in a group uses their own version of invise vs undead, and then the bard casts double invise it will overwrite the person's IVU and then both versions of IVU drop. Like they cancel each other out. The person finds themself running around at bard speed with just regular invise on. Hard to duplicate the problem.
  4. Funky Augur

i have had this happen a few times but didn't know if someone else in group casted or had attack on after i hit double invis on my bard... has caused quite a few trains and deaths i will admit.
  5. svann Augur

Ok now you mention it, I think you're right. I had just assumed people were doing something that dropped invis. Thats a nasty one.
  6. Redsumm Journeyman

Will this please be fixed?!?!?!

We had a wonderful bard join our group for GD hunters. Naturally, the bard is casting his selo's double invis as we moved from camp to camp (I am not going to blame the bard for doing what bards do).

However, he was newer to our group and we had a groove: kill PHs, IVU, move to the next named camp. 25-40% of the time, (especially, it seems, while moving), the selo's knocks off the IVU, and fails to put on the selo's IVU. This bug results in trains and deaths.

The fix is not to change bard behavior or force others to wait on a bard. If Selo's is going to knock off perfected IVU, it absolutely must replace it 100% of the time.
  7. Cloud the Third Augur

Selos doesn't knock it off. The bard group invs aa can cause it to happen and I guess they never fixed that. You may want to make a new forum post this has nothing to do with selos aa.
  8. Maedhros High King

We tracked this down. The problems are that multiple forms of invise do not all stack with one another, and that the bard double invise buffs do not share the same range which is freakin stupid.
    So someone in your group casts IVU. The bard is further away than the range of the IVU portion of double invise but not further away than the regular invise component. Regular invise then strips IVU from the group because.... stupid reasons? But you're out of range of the IVU component of bard invise. So now everyone EXCEPT the bard is standing around in an undead zone with just regular bard invise.
    On the bug report post I was told this is not a bug. Its apparently just really poor spell construction and stacking.
    svann likes this.