Bard Bladewhirl (Dance of the Blades) stacking issue

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Forum_Quester, Feb 12, 2022.

1. Forum_Quester New Member

Got this result on our raid tonight when using Dance of the Blades (Aradune TLP - 70 bard):

[Sat Feb 12 20:05:29 2022] Your Bladewhirl I spell did not take hold on Pixtt Riel Tavas. (Blocked by Chant of Flame.)

I don't recall ever seeing a stacking issue with Bladewhirl and Chant of Flame. I know that Bladewhirl has a FR debuff component, but even Lucy doesn't show any stacking issue.

Has this always been the case and I've just never noticed, or is this a recent change?

The mob's debuff slots were not full, and we had this same result if it was the same bard doing Dance and Chant or a different bard doing each. There were no stacking issues with Harmony of Sound, Ancient, or Poison chant.

Thanks in advance!
  2. DaciksBB Augur

According to EQResource, Bladewhirl and Chant of Flame both have Decrease Fire Resist in slot 4
    [IMG]
    I'm not exactly the end-all-be-all expert to SPAs but just as a general rule, anything that does the same thing in the same slot (Decrease Fire Resist in Slot 4) can not be on the same mob. The reason why the other chants can be on the mob is because all the other chants have their resist decreasing effect in a different slot from Bladewhirl, such as Chant of Magic having its magic resist component in Slot 7 vs Slot 8 in Bladewhirl.
    Riou likes this.
  3. DaciksBB Augur

4. Forum_Quester New Member

This is a fantastic response, thank you for pointing that out and there research on the background. The patch notes you linked make it seem even stranger that there would be a stacking issue if there intent was to improve Bladewhirl stacking. I'll throw it in a bug report to see if it is working as intended.

Thanks again!
    DaciksBB likes this.
  5. DaciksBB Augur

you're welcome! I imagine that at the time, the devs weren't thinking about bard dot stacking with Bladewhirl because at the time, bard dots were pretty bad (or at least I knew no bards who used them on raids at the time, in Ring of Scale)