Bard and LOTD

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Lilura Augur

Twice now I've noticed something odd. If I cast LOTD on my bard while he has a twist going, the LOTD button grays out as though it has been cast, but I don't see it in the buff window and exp seems the same. So are songs messing up LOTD? This would qualify as a bug, no?
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Sounds like it to me.

Update - I have a baby bard I logged in. Did a /melody with three buffs, let it run for a minute, then clicked LotD. Lesson finished casting, I had the buff, and the /melody had cancelled.

Perhaps you had some strange timing issue happening?
    Pirlo likes this.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

Just finished leveling up my bard to 110 and have cast LOTD several times over the last two weeks with a melody running without this issue. If this truly is a bug maybe there are other factors that make it true.

What zone and location were you in?
    What songs were you twisting and in what order (maybe even include spell song gem location for the twist)?
    Did you have any other xp buffs running?
    What's your bards level, race, deity?
    Did you already have the max number of allowed buffs leaving no space for LOTD to stick(although I have had this recently happen on a couple of toons and they could recast it right away)?

I have never played on test so my EQ Sherlock Holms detective work is probably not the best but the above might be a good starting point?
    Pirlo likes this.
  4. svann Augur

You want to stop melody any time you try to cast anything with a cast time or it can mess up. I never heard of the cast failing but it will often cause your songs to grey out for a period of time, and sometimes requires a relog.
    Axel2 and Pirlo like this.