Banestrike Changes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gnomereaper, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Sazxus New Member

I understand that its triggered by DD spells. MY question was why not have it triggered by all damaging spells so necros could also benefit from banestrike. This change pretty much removed it from our arsenal.
  2. segap Augur

And your parse has changed by how much? It's a gimmick. No one has lost anything other than a spam button.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Banestrike does like 200 dps or something if chained. Not really the point, its the principle of them nerfing it for entire classes, and everyone in general now that they made it so it won't proc until X seconds have passed since the last proc, but its random after that. So if you had a reliable 45 second recast, now you're doing over 60 seconds.

They need to bump the damage up.
    Reynen likes this.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

So would the SKs. :p
  5. Hamnolia New Member

Banestrike was extremely useful for gaining aggro. Tauntless classes lost that ability.
  6. Dre. Altoholic

I'm guessing this change is why my level 44 melee character appears to explode every 5-10 seconds whenever they turn on autoattack? Totally obnoxious particle effect.
  7. macncheesey Journeyman

question about the new banestrike
    does the AA weapon affinity factor into banestrikes proc chance for melee attacks?
  8. Koryu Professional Roadkill

It seems many used to leave Banestrike unused. On raids last night, all I could hear was the non-stop *clang-clang clang-clang clang-clang* of Banestrike procs, much more frequent than I can recall ever hearing it before the patch.