Bandolier bugginess

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by birdsong_pawn, Aug 8, 2018.

1. birdsong_pawn Augur

I'm having some trouble with bandolier setups that involve two identical weapons (with different augs).

To illustrate the problem, I'll use three different weapons: Conflagrant rapier with aug_A, Conflagrant rapier with aug_B, and Honed Wurmslayer.

Setup 1: Primary -- Wurmslayer. Secondary -- Rapier with aug_B.
    Setup 2: Primary -- Rapier with aug_A. Secondary -- Rapier with aug B.

When switching from Setup 1 to Setup 2, I end up with aug_B in the main hand. When switching back to setup 1, I end up with aug_A in the offhand.

The problem seems to be that when switching setups, the bandolier algorithm grabs "the first rapier it sees". This seems to be the first one that's equipped (starting with main hand).

Are there any workarounds or possible fixes for this?
  2. birdsong_pawn Augur

The problem is a little tough to describe, so here's a bit more about what I've discovered.

For instance, if I activate Setup 1 above, the bandolier algorithm fills the secondary hand slot with the first rapier it finds in this list:
    • a rapier equipped in the primary hand
    • a rapier equipped in the secondary hand
    • the first rapier found in a bag slot
    Similarly, if I activate Setup 2, the algorithm first fills the primary slot with the first rapier it finds in the list above. Then it fills the secondary slot with the next rapier it finds.
    The problem is that I always want the rapier with aug_A in the main hand and the rapier with aug_B in the offhand. This usually doesn't happen. It would be nice if the algorithm could "tell the difference" between the two weapons.