Balreth in Solteris

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ModRanger, Apr 18, 2015.

1. ModRanger Lorekeeper

Can the mechanics of this fight be looked at? Perhaps widen the balance percentage or allow a win by killing the uncontrollable golem swarm? It's very hard to do this event with more modern dps , especially with riposte. I've made it to about 50% on 8 Balreths.
  2. Silv Augur

Buy a heroic necro like I did. Win.

Times I did it without a Necro I just stacked DS on a tank and turned his back to the mobs and used non-damage aggro. It took like 40 minutes but it worked.

People have been asking for this for quite a while now and it has never received a response. I wouldn't expect any changes unfortunately.
    Fenudir likes this.
  3. Xikteny Augur

That's how my friend and I did it as well
  4. Kellaer Augur

If he is so hard, why have people been able to kill him since TBS was released?
    Fenudir and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  5. Sancus Augur

It's the exact opposite problem, if I'm understanding correctly. Today we actually have too much DPS to balance properly.
    eepok and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  6. Silv Augur

^This. Even using low level nukes, an innate twincast or unexpected crit will more or less auto-fail you. The balance is ~5% and when you have 8 low HP mobs it's just not practical. Riposte winds up being too sporadic to effectivly keep them balanced - even using really old weapons and of course, crits factor in again... it's a nightmare.

The Necrotize Ally line is more or less the only completely reliable method to equally damage all of the mobs without fear of the above issues occuring. It's also one of the only ways to do it and keep your sanity. :p
  7. Iila Augur

Balance down 16 Griffons, if they get more than 3% out of balance, 64 Griffawns will spawn to wipe you. Then the event resets 5 minutes later.
  8. Kellaer Augur

Where are the griffins and griffennes in this picture? And GrimFeather?
  9. Iila Augur

It starts at a Keeper of Souls and goes down from there.
  10. Voth Elder

Oh lord, don't give them any ideas for new raids.
    Soltara and Fenudir like this.
  11. Kellaer Augur

It's already better than six of the seven raids we have right now.
    Soltara and Silv like this.
  12. Silv Augur

Sounds like a raid that needs Enchanters. I like raids that need Enchanters. :D

Out of curiosity, which is the 'one' you consider good out of the seven?
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Riposte is removed from the equation by ducking, turning your back to that mob, or equipping non-weapons in your weapon slots.

He didn't say good, he said better. He could think that they all suck, but that this one would suck less than 6 of the 7.
  14. Kellaer Augur

Vitio, just because of the idea. He needs about five to ten times more hit points for the emotes to matter, though. Possibly some adds that you need to work around so it isn't burning one mob.

Tita's Ghost is okay, if the difficulty was about in between what it is now, and what it used to be.
  15. Sancus Augur

But then you'd kill the only fun semi-burn fight of the expansion :p
  16. Kellaer Augur

Burning a test dummy in the guild hall is the same thing pretty much.
  17. Sancus Augur

If I could convince 54 people to come burn a test dummy with me, I would.
    Fenudir, Spellfire and Iila like this.
  18. Iila Augur

omg, a burn fight with a 'buffs don't fade' aura would be awesome.
    Spellfire, Silv and Sancus like this.
  19. Silv Augur

Oh dear jebus, please don't give the melee DPS any more ammunition.
    Sancus and Iila like this.