Bakeing recpies on thornblade not avaiable in era

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by yawgo, Apr 12, 2022.

1. yawgo New Member

I am attempting to learn all the recipes and things of the nature in era, and make my friends some pie but the recipe for Lemon Filling is not avaiable in GoD era where it should be. The same is true with other berry fillings that I have tried such as Wildberry Filling
    CatsPaws likes this.
  2. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Huh, Wildberry filling is a Luclin recip at that.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Both are noted as GOD releases so should be there. In Allah one shows as old as 2006!

Lemon filling ingredients are supposed to be on the chefs in POK But the berries are all foraged in low zones

edit: EQ Trader's corner also shows them on the AB sea merchants
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  4. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Lemons were originally only from Abysmal Sea merchants. ;) Berries seem to have been added to the low-mid level Luclin zone tables during GoD. (Allah's says they're Luclin but this is probably incorrect).
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I thought GOD included Ab Sea etc.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

ZAM can be incorrect on a lot of things because it's player administered information, and especially with older stuff was added way after the fact. At this point with so many TLP's come and gone it's 99% likely that everything is restricted the way it's expected, and cannot rely on ZAM for when it unlocks. If you can't do it on TLP, then its not available yet by design.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  7. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

ZAM can be, but looking at the Lucy data generally lets you pinpoint the true era better. In the case of pie filling. Pie filling was actually added in PoR era. Some components (like lemons) were added in GoD but used in other recipes at the time.

So yeah, ZAM says GoD/Luclin/PoR for various recipes for the pie fillings, but actually digging into the data, it shows that <Fruit> Pie Filling was added to the game in 2006, consistent with the launch of PoR.
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

If it was added after the official launch date, unlock is typically set to the next expansion.

In addition the components could be available, but the recipe itself originates later.
  9. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

That's what I'm saying. The components were added in a earlier era (E.G. Lemons added with GoD) but Lemon Pie Filling recipe doesn't come around until PoR, as verified by the Lucy data. OP thinks they should be available in GoD, but it's just not the case here.

TLP's, however, are notoriously bad when it comes to "in era" and "out of era." When LJ/RF launched there were still a plethora of "out of era" items littered about. They stayed that way (mostly) until Rizlona/Mangler was about to launch.

When it comes to crafting, TLP's have all sorts of messed up rules. There's items that can be crafted with a specific recipe, up until some magical point where they just stop working. The have the big shifts in recipes at DoN and TSS as well, and a window with some LDoN do's and don'ts that flip-flop for no apparent reason.

It's really easy for a player to become confused with crafted items.. because there is a large gap where no detail was provided to players and all known recipes were found via trial and error. Not Allah's, Not EQTraders, not Almar's has enough independent data to really tell. Lucy's tends to be a good resource for tracking those down, since many many people used the item collector back then and just sniffed up the data, even if the knowledge for a recipe or item was made public.
  10. yawgo New Member

While it is true that many recipes have components that drop are are made available before its natural "era" things like Loaf of Taelosian Mountain Bread are not currently craftable. There is litteraly a Quest just to learn how to process this stuff in abysmal sea. It is intended to be unlocked and usable (if not all later combines using that as a component.) It just appears to not be available when and where it should be.
  11. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Rock Salt wasn't added until DoN. Same deal. Just because a single component is used in a later recipe, does not make the entirety of the recipe "in era."