Backstabs Nerfed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by 10millionKrono, Nov 5, 2015.

1. 10millionKrono New Member

I do not seem to hit 60% of my backstabs, is anyone else having this problem?
  2. ShamWow-RF Lorekeeper

We had someone in guild having this problem for a while now, not sure what's causing it. I know Devs are really busy but if someone could take a look at it that would be awesome. At least one of our Roguelike's are having a hard time with this, it's definitely causing some issues on damage parses.
  3. Vaclav Augur

You talking raid or all content? Might want to narrow what you're referencing for sure...
  4. ScarletLetter Elder

This is an inside joke only like 8 people, if that, will understand. But believe me it's funny.
  5. neverquest New Member

TL member told guildchat he was having more backstab misses on raid targets than usual
    for this he got ridiculed and mobbed until he left the guild.
  6. Gragory Journeyman

So someone asked a question in guild chat and instead of answering it you all ridiculed him until he quit guild. Where is the funny part at?
  7. Niseg New Member

Backstabs are hit or miss literally . Try maxing dex and str i guess . when my dex drops i see drop in dps .(maybe more backstab misses)

In groups none will outdamage a rogue (maybe monk but haven't seen any recently) but vs fat raid targets hmmm....

Past 55 you can double backstab for like 1000 sometimes single for 500 and that's like every 10? seconds or so translate to like 100-50 DPS but in practice you don't always hit that hard or hit at all so yesterday I got about 40~dps from backstab and like 80 from autoattacks (VS jugs ) well maybe i was sleepy.

So sometimes you hit for 50-60 dps and sometimes for 20 the bulk is still from autoattacks . Beats me i'm a noob to this game . There are some people that played it for 15 years straight.
  8. Mishkin Journeyman

I also noticed in raids I have about 50-60% missed bstabs
  9. sihpa Augur

Stack the hell out of atk. When you're fighting high AC mobs, and notice you're missing a lot, its likely due to getting mitigated so hard that you're not even hitting. Also, idk what rogue BS skill caps at during kunark but if its lower than your normal piercing/1hs etc then thats another reason its missing more than /autoattack.

Anecdotally I used to remember seeing BS attempts get purely lost despite the skill having fired off and being on cooldown. There would be no "you missed" or anything. Just nothing. That would happen when I first started playing a rogue and would hit BS to the 1/1000000th of a second it popped. I was on it! :p

When I relaxed a bit, letting the BS button totally pop, those pure lost BSes disappeared for me. Idk if theres anything really to that but it seemed like it was a legit issue back when I played a rogue. Some told me it was connection or lag dropping my command but still issuing a cooldown on the skill but I never saw that issue on any of the other classes I played so idk!
  10. -wycca Augur

Does it actually say missed 50-60% of the time?
  11. Mishkin Journeyman

I just counted them. In about 90sec fight I have 6 missed bstabs on average.
    To previous question: at lev 53 I have piercing maxxed at 259 and bstabbed maxxed at 206
  12. ScarletLetter Elder

I think he should re install eq again incase the first time he did didn't sync his Backstabs right with the server.
  13. Coka Lorekeeper

Max DEX and STR? Dex increases hit chance right? You can't really 'stack attack' if you were crazy you could stack STR up to your eyeballs but you would lose so many other stats doing so such as resists etc
  14. Seraphim Augur

You know thats a cool video but what was the point in going all out to recruit people for something that doesn't come out for another 5 months? #Deadserver
  15. Ducreux Augur

Ask <Cascade> .

GOTEM
    Batbener and Seraphim like this.
  16. sihpa Augur

Ya so if you did the same parse where your piercing skill was equal to your backstab skill then you'd see pretty close to the same hit % afaik. If you still have 1hb or 1hs skill at or under your BS skill, you can swap in one of those weapons once it reaches your BS skill to see what value of atk you're actually attacking at with BS.
    Dex doesnt do anything for you other than increasing the chance of a melee skillup afaik. There was a bug with heroic dex that increased the magnitude of melee criticals for a while during.. UF and HoT. I also remember reading something about them trying to make it relevant for melee dps types after that bug was "fixed" but idk whatever happened with it since EQ had fully turned into casterquest at that point and made melee mostly second rate citizens.

But ya stack atk via maxing str and getting any buffs that increase atk to the exclusion of everything else given equal weapons. Dwarves and barbarians should have few problems reaching the 255 limit versus the other races rogues.. at least until luclin or pop I cant remember really.
  17. ScarletLetter Elder

I hear mages are having backstab problems with their pets as well..... rumors rumors D:
  18. sihpa Augur

What rumors? Im talking about actual game mechanics that explain why that guy was having more misses on high AC targets than they were used to.
  19. ScarletLetter Elder

did you try re installing eq? I heard that's how you fix the backstab problem, worked for our guy everytime he did it apparently.
  20. sihpa Augur

Oh I see you think im that guy. Carry on with your troll self! lol