Awesomiumprocess.exe

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jonahelmranger, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Jonahelmranger Journeyman

Just came back from 5 days off. Sunday 9:30am roughly and tried to log in and what used to load easily didnt anymore. Go to soe website to see if server is down or other complaints, lags and spins for 3min trying to load SoE website. I check anyoldwebsite and boom instant load, not my internet. Then i read posts of SoE adding awesomiumprocess.exe and the immense lag issues or loading patcher issues related. We are told to disable our virus software if adding exception doesnt work.

I have an issue with this, I do not feel that in order to paly a game i have played for 10 years i now have to disable my virus software to allow me access to play this game. I'd like to know why this process was added and why it is mandatory to gameplay, since prior to wednesday i could play and log in jsut fine.

I will not be disabling my virus software to allow my machine to be exploited and my information to be hacked or accessed because your process requires that i do this, if adding an exception for it doesnt work. Is there additional processes taht need an exception added in order to play properly protected again? Other then eqgame.exe launchpad.exe or whatever and awesomiumprocess.exe..?

If so please respond here, i'd like to see staff respond ill trust what they say.

Again, I wish to go on record saying that adding these processes and not explaining it prior to doing so, does not seem right to me and I for one wish you folks would give details as to why we need this and why we now need to bypass our virus software to play.

Thank you.

Dragotto on Firiona Vie, otherwise highly upset at random and misc changes lately.
  2. Sarkaukar Augur

1. The disable part is primarily for troubleshooting reasons more than anything else.
    2. Antivirus program, exclude EQ folder from active scanning.
    3. Firewall/Internet security, remove and add back the exe, giving access.

And if the issue is today, have you actually read/watched the news? The quake is affecting game and website connectivity.
  3. Healify New Member

It has nothing to do with the quake actually. It's part of sony getting DDoSed.