Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by krozman, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Tobynn Augur

Raid level dps, raid level tank, laughable. Check. Sounds like typical T1 group content to me ;)
    BlankStare_001 likes this.
  2. Falos Augur

We beat him with basically tier 2 rof gear, we're pretty much fully tier 2 group rof geared since focus effects I got from tier 2 open raids last expansion became pretty much obsoleted by group focus.

Our setup was: mage/mage/bard/ranger (me boxing), enchanter (non boxed), 1 cleric merc. Encounter seemed to favor our kind of setup because he didnt challenge us even a little. The diminutive kromriff on the other hand was wayyyy harder for our setup. We've killed every named mob in the expansion and i wouldn't rate this guy in the top 3 of most difficult named mobs personally.. but like with everything results vary greatly depending on your group setup. Some things strongly favor casters/ mage tanks, some strongly favor melee / knight tanks, etc.
  3. Gumlakx Augur

Since no one in RoF T1 group gear has killed this mob, I guess I'll give it a pass.
  4. Axxius Augur

I would have to agree that AoW is 'a bit' overpowered for a T1 group named. Haven't heard of anybody beating him in all-group gear up to or below his level (i.e. RoF T1, or VoA T4 group). If the devs decided that he should be a group named, not a raid target (which btw was disappointing) and put him in T1 - then he should be reasonably beatable by an appropriately geared group without having to bring a raid geared tank/healers/dps.
  5. CaptAmazing Augur

It's a crying shame that things like this and overpowered group missions keep showing up. I'm just going to speak from my perspective, but its bad enough RNG makes spawning named a pita. Then you have to deal with their loot tables and not getting the item you want off the named till you've killed it many times.

Now you need specific and very well geared groups to attempt a tier one named? I sit sometimes and look through the achievements to see what I have left and what rewards are still available to me.

I look at the ones I've failed at many times and the ones I know better to attempt unless I get another invite by raiders and think, what's the point?