Availability of Rain of Fear, for station cash?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tallanor-emarr, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tallanor-emarr Journeyman

Will the everquest community be able to purchase The Rain of Fear Expansion using accrued station cash? Will the everquest community be able to pre-order the expansion using station cash?
  2. Bauer Augur

3. Cakvala Augur

nope, and nope!
  4. Rainbowdash Augur

[IMG]

Everquest expacs for SC, past present and future, have been discontinued permanently (TM) and have been for a few months now.
    Naeeleu, Vouivre and BlankStare_001 like this.
  5. Moklianne Augur

Same holds true for subscriptions, before anyone asks that.
    Vouivre likes this.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

And epics, hopefully *crossing fingers*
    Mary Poppins and Vouivre like this.
  7. Tarrin Augur

So...what you are saying is that there is a chance.
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  8. Ronak Augur

Pretty good chance sometime post-release, I'd bet.
  9. Falos Augur

How on earth can people be seriously "liking" posts that support the discontinuation of expansion purchases via station cash?

This is a game that is most likely your primary hobby, allowing station cash based expansion purchases brings MORE players into the new content - do you want your primary hobby to not have the most amount of players in it as possible? Because by liking the inability to purchase RoF with station cash you're basically saying you want RoF to have less players than what you played with in Alaris.
  10. Shanaie Lorekeeper

Falos, let me save your blood pressure. No one is 'supporting' the discontinuation of expansion purchases via station cash. People are 'liking' posts that point out this issue was resolved MONTHS ago, so people coming in now and asking about it are, as the first image points out, beating a horse that's long dead and mostly decomposed now.

Falos, you might be projecting here. It's quite a leap to assume that EQ is everyone's "primary hobby" or that everyone wants the game to be teeming with people. Neither point is a safe assumption. You're also making quite a leap based on not understanding the motivation behind the 'like' behavior in this thread. People are kinda tired of latecomers to the party whining about this when the time for action has long passed. I understand SOE's point of view on the matter even if I don't necessarily agree with it (I believe phasing out the use of SC for subs/expansions has eroded the value of SC cards which impacts SOE's "retail partners". Running promotions where it IS allowed for a limited time might be a decent compromise). Running double and triple SC promotions basically amounted to SOE giving money to said retail partners as retail outlets (especially WalMart, who we all know needs money desperately :rolleyes:) made money but SOE lost it. Also, your assertion that without this mechanic, fewer people will play is another leap of faith with nothing but supposition to support it. Yes, I'm so sure that when you could buy expansions and subscriptions with SC, EQ's servers were constantly crashing from the load. You know as well as I do that that wasn't the case.

Personally speaking, I play EQ for the depth the game has, the sheer amount of content. I could care less if there are eleventy billion people in the game or not. History has shown that a game can be profitable and still be shut down (Earth & Beyond and most recently, City of Heroes) so having a lot of people is no guarantee of longevity. Plus, the way the devs design this game, more people means more competition for spawns/content which means slowed progression. This isn't a problem other games have, for a variety of reasons. So no, I don't necessarily want more people playing the game. I don't mind either way. And at least for me and mine, EQ is by no means my 'primary hobby'. It isn't even my primary MMO, though that doesn't stop me from handing over $150 a month to SoE for this game.
  11. WarSheol Augur

:cool: Not selling them for SC makes sence from a business standpoint no matter how you look at it.
    Since SoE has been lond enough to have double and triple SC weekends to purchase most goods in the marketplace it make Zero sence for that to aplly to an Expansion as you could have possibly got the expansion for what like $13.33 from a triple cash weekend lol.

if you want it you got to pay its very simple, The Only reason the expansion is in the marketplace is because its a much easier way to distribute it.

Maybe in the future if the Krono system works well they could consider making something simular for expansions? So if we wanted we could get for friends and family
  12. Trevor Elder

Maybe they should stop having double and triple station cash, like their smarter equivalent: Nexon.
    Vouivre likes this.
  13. WarSheol Augur

That simply isnt going to happen :p
    if you want the product you have to buy it, So very simple.
  14. Tarrin Augur

That assumes they would make more money stopping double/triple so people can buy expansions..than what they do now.
    Just because some company I had to google does it one way, doesn't always mean they are smarter.
    WarSheol likes this.
  15. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Your point has one glaring flaw, Expansions cost REAL money to create, Subscriptions have REAL costs associated with them. When you sell either at one price then the peo0le buy it for 33% of that cost, you do not make your money back.

Pixel items like ornanemtations, EXP pots and "My Little Pixel Pony" are fake goods, they costs almost nothing to create once, and can be resold at nearly a 100% profit for all eternity. 2x and 3x SC, still results in a nearly 100% profit margin for those items.

Removing expansions and subs from SC was a bummer, but it was a smart decision, and they shoujld bnever have been available for SC in the first place. Remember when SOE makes money, we get to play games. If they dont make money, we have to actually go outside and get sun stroke.
  16. Cakeny Augur

Without the double/triple days, there wouldn't have been an issue like poster you quoted was saying.
    Vouivre likes this.
  17. yaddab Augur

Bait and switch is never resolved, it was and is a bad decision a VERY bad decision, we are all entitled to ask again and again,,, why if my $med buck$ are supposed to be worth rl currency why can I not spend them on an expansion. It is not a dead horse, dead horses are only dead when the point is not valid.. this is a valid point.
  18. Rainbowdash Augur

I demand to know where these items are! Tell me Gherig!

Also wtb rainbow pegasus mount pst.
  19. Nolrog Augur

Because SOE was losing too much money that way. Someone said as much at Fan Faire (Smed maybe?) They couldn't continue to exist while selling their product for 1/3 the price. So they removed it. You can ask again and again, but that doesn't change the economic factors of the situation; SOE lost too much money that way.
    clark53 and WarSheol like this.
  20. doktartp Augur

Easy fix, no more triple/double days.
    Simply discount market place items 50% or what ever like they currently do for things on sale.

NO money loss. can discontinue the walmart promotions unless they make it worth it.
    Vouivre and Cakeny like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.