Autogrant AA question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Darchon_Xegony, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

So I'm aware of the basic mechanics. You opt in, log off or level up and it grants you past expansion AAs. I have a few more specific questions about the mechanic:

What expansion is the most recent expansion to have the associated AAs awarded from autogrant? IE does it only autogrant up to CoTF? TDS? TBM? I seem to recall reading it was 2 expansions back but with quite a few level stagnant expansions in recent memory I'm curious if that's the case.

Does autogrant only award AAs lower than your level? IE if you're level 100 it will only grant up to 95s, and at 101 it will grant up to 96s?
  2. fortuneteller Augur

Autogrant all the way to CoTF, including CoTF. And if you level 100, you get them all.
  3. Goodn Augur

The grant is 4 expansions back (5 if you count the current expansion as 1). This is of course subject to change (see the granting of old expansions for free) but is one of the biggest perks about all access so I think it's pretty safe.

Autogrant checks the expansion the aa is from (so now we are getting through CotF) and the level requirement of the aa rank. If the aa meets both conditions, the aa is granted (with a few exceptions). Remember that some of the newer expansions went back and recreated aa lines with lower level that the actual expansion...so you may get a TDS aa that is level 76. It would not be granted (fails expansion check).

Tradeskill aas are not granted along with a few other lines...ever.

If you are switching back to FTP or Silver, once autogrant takes you over the nominal max aa level for those (250 for ftp? and 1k for silver) you basically cannot gain any more aas unless you go back to all access.

Side note for those who must maximize:
    The autogrant aas do count against the bonus aa xp under 4k (which with autogrant I'm sure almost everyone has forgotten about). If you are powerleveling a character in all access, make sure to switch him to at least 10 percent aas and hold off autogrant as long as you can. If you are playing the character up through the 51-60ish levels, ignore this. The autogrant aas are more important than the slight ease of getting those first aas banked...at least you can bank a heck of a lot more now.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Excellent, so it sounds like 2 expansions wasn't correct and its more like 2 level increase expansions.

Thanks for the quick response! Sounds like 101-110 AAs must be grinded out.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

No "more like". It's exactly the four most recent expansions which don't auto-grant. This has been the case since auto-grant has been a thing.

It doesn't matter if the most recent four expacs have level increases or not.

As an example, last year, when EoK dropped, we got RoF AAs auto-granted (up to level 100). However, if you were level 100, all-access with auto-grant enabled, you still didn't get CotF AAs granted. This fall (well, December), you did get the rest of those CotF AAs granted.
    Slippry likes this.
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info