Auto granting AAs and TLPS. How does it work? Grinding AA pointless?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zargo, May 4, 2020.

1. Zargo Journeyman

Hey guys! I'm trying to understand how Autogranting AA's works on the TLP servers. It's my understanding that it just gives you free AAs up to two expansions behind whatever the latest expansion is on the server? Is that correct? Doesn't that mean grinding AAs is pointless? Why spend hours and hours grinding hundreds of AA when you can just log on six months later and have hundreds of AA points then given to you instantly for free for no time required? Doesn't that kinda ruin the whole point of AAs given that they are there to give you something to do when reaching the max level of a server? Does everyone get excited when a new expansion is about to unlock on a TLP cause your character is showered in AA points and instantly ten times more awesome?
  2. birisu Elder

Your understanding is wrong. It's 4+ AA containing expansions behind that are autogranted, not 2+
  3. Beep Elder

Why even play a TLP server when you can just log onto live and get level 85 instantly? Seems pointless!
  4. Zargo Journeyman

That's exactly why I don't play on live servers.
  5. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Don't worry guys, I'll MGB in a year when it gets auto granted.
  6. GNOME_POWER Augur

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:rogression_Servers#What_expansion_do_we_get_this?
  7. Vlahkmaak Augur

Some of us like the walk.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

You definitely have a point, in that if you are casual and cannot grind all the AA's then get the ones for free.

However, they come quite late, so if you just ride the autogrant train you will lack some powerful and sometimes convenient abilities. Nobody wants to wait for autogrant spell gems!

So, given that, you buy the "necessary" stuff depending on how you play. If you like to raid though, there are always going to be some good AA's you will want ASAP. Otherwise, yea go ahead and skip things as a lot of them are marginal and in some cases worthless. I bet a lot of alts ride the autogrant gravy train, but even on Selo it's not impossible to get all the good AA's in era.
  9. Mrjon3s Augur

Its for people to catch up. So yea you could play till 60 in kunark and then quit for 17 months till AA auto grant unlocks and have all your luclin AAs. But you would still need 4 more expansions worth of AAs and 10 more levels.