Auto follow

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Randomgamer, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Randomgamer Journeyman

Devs please improve auto follow. Most ppl on live servers run a box or 2 and well auto follow as it is sucks. With all the updates and changes thru the years I think it's time to give this an update as well. Running around with just one toon in tow gets so irritating. They get caught up on anything and when you come to a stop they run a big circle. Could you please come up with a fix for this please :(

Before anyone says anything trying to defend crappy auto follow( although why would anyone want to?) I know :watch where you're going, keep the map up, start them together close, put the fastest toon to follow the slowest, ect.....

I just feel with all the time and updates for various other things this is one of the most basic things in the game and would make most everyone happy.This has nothing to do with the mage armies we all heard about on TLP. If fact those ppl find a way around everything practically. This is for the whole community for something that's been long overdue.

Please look into this. Thanks :)
  2. Aurastrider Augur

If you look online there are tons of in game settings you can adjust to stop your toons from circling the drain as I like to call it. I rarely ever have this problem any longer. One of them is far clip plane on the toons following I believe. If you have it set to high it causes issues. I typically 5-6 box and was having the issues you described a lot until I did a google search and found suggestions. Followed said suggestions and now I only have issues when in game lag is bad. Not saying things cant be improved but there are things you can do already to make it better.
    Speedo likes this.
  3. Jahtw Journeyman

The only setting I changed was "background fps" in display > advanded. Since I put that on max i haven't had the running in circles problem once.
    Speedo likes this.
  4. fransisco Augur

it seems to me that autofollow used to be better several years ago
  5. Randomgamer Journeyman

Hmm thinking about it I think your right Fransisco.

Thanks for the tips guys I'll give those a try.