Augmentations Deleted When Converting Items

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Myrdale, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Myrdale Journeyman

Thanks to the help of a lot of great folks in my guild, I recently received the Mask of Immortal End. This item can be converted between a non-class specific version and a tank specific version by clicking the "Convert" button on the item display window.

I've seen several other players link the mask in guild say or OOC. They would occassionally have it equipped with their best high end augmentations such as the Eye of Decay which is a truely awesome reward for a significant amount of guild work on raid achievements.

For purely curiosity's sake, I equipped my mask with a single junk augmentation which was taking up bank space which I intended to delete anyway. When I selected "Covert" the mask instantly changed to the second form and took my junk augmentation with it. Upon clicking Convert for the second time, it returned to it's original form, still minus the junk augmentation. I re-equipped my normal augmentations, and I was good to go.

I believe augmentations disappear with evolving items too, aka the trade skill trophies.

I do know upgrading a teir of armor in the combination boxes will destroy augmentations as well.

Considering the amount of time between farming, or raiding that go into alot of the top end augmentations, would it be possible to either add a confirmation window to the convert button (or combine buttom for teir armor) warning that all augmentations would disappear, OR send equipped augmentations to the inventory, OR just let the augmentation carry over to the new item?

While players should always be cognizant of their actions, accidentally clicking the button while inspecting an item, or forgetting about an augmentation on a trophy seem like very probable actions with extremely tragic consequences, most specifically for achievement specific augmentations.

Thanks!
  2. Riou EQResource

They talked about updating this in the August patch iirc to make it so that you will not be allowed to do this until you remove all augments yourself and such