Assassins in Katta

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Torkaz, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Torkaz New Member

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1459

Specifically a coterie assassin:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=16888

It's been over 8 hours and no spawn. Eight hours of doing laps on 2 characters in specific areas....
    I know this was originally meant to be a long and grueling task. I've done it before, over a decade ago.
    On these progression servers.. we have 6 months.. SIX. This quest is absurd for that time frame, given the rarity of the spawns and the lack of popularity of the zone.
    You need to collect FOUR of these, for a weapon which is only useful in a handful of zones in this expansion. it is completely useless once the next expansion releases (around 5 months from now).
    Could something PLEASE be done about the rarity of this NPC and/or the requirement for four of these items? It is absurd in its current state.
  2. TheFrog New Member

I will buy you a better item you can use anywhere if you really need it. Don't waste your time on this quest unless you are doing it for fun.
  3. Torkaz New Member

Now coming on 12 hours without a single sign of the coterie assassin spawning... and need 4....
  4. Torkaz New Member

lol

I do believe that the next in line "upgrade" would be a SoD or BoC. It still doesn't do what I want this weapon for.
  5. Baldur Augur

You're joking right? A Massive Dragonclaw Shard blows Ashbringer out of the water and it's 1 handed. And there are too many 2 handers to mention that are better than this.

The only reason to get this is for the vampyre bane damage.
  6. TheFrog New Member

If you worship tunare just go get http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=883. Better than epic and extremely easy to do.

Also one of the top 3 best looking weapons imo.
  7. Torkaz New Member

Exactly
  8. Torkaz New Member

Not a Tunare follower. Still doesn't replace mine either.

The key part, as Baldur noted, is the vampire bane damage.

With all that said and done, it still don't negate the fact that this quest is not working properly (still no assassin spawns) and is exceedingly difficult for the reward and the time frame of progression servers.
  9. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

The quest is working properly... crappy properly, but properly.

If i remember right, there are 2-4 spawn points for the coterie assassin. They are on a 20-ish mins (or 40-ish, or 2 hours-ish depending on your source) respawn timer. BUT it is a random chance spawn, with the placeholder being a invisible/untargetable mob. The placeholder will depop every so often and either a new one or a coterie assassin pops (and the chance for the coterie spawning is quite low really). Also, the assassin only stays up a few minutes iirc, so you need to be there, with a tracker or checking both the lower and upper spawn points.

Ashbringer should only be done by Pal/SK/Ber really, melee classes can use either vendor sold bane, or do another quest for a stake. Casters can just spam pets.