Assassination - Fix plz?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dristo, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Dristo New Member

Is there any way Rogues could get fixed to get their assassination ability back? We are doing a TLP and i'm pretty sure my rogue back on live had assassinate by now. It would be fantastic if we could get that back any day now.

Thanks - Some old Rogue.
  2. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Is your rogue level 60 or higher? I haven't played a rogue on a progression server so I'm not sure if assassination is working or not.

Quote from a dev loooong ago.

"Assassinate At level 60, you get a chance, via backstab OR thrown weapons, to do 32000 hit points of damage to a humanoid target 48th level or lower. This does not destroy the target; it simply does that much damage."

http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/...endrick-s-comments-on-kunarkian-rogues?t=2857
  3. snailish Augur

I'm murky on this... but didn't assassinate get moved around somehow (as an AA or something) and basically reworked in functionality so in truth the old assassinate no longer exists period and a new ability with the same name, sort of taking its place but assigned to a different era due to how it was tuned is what is in play now (but not yet on progression like Phinny)?

Please disregard if I am remembering this entirely wrong.
  4. tuttles Augur

assassinate as it was released in kunark (passive % chance to hit sub 46 humanoid mob for 32k on backstabs/throws, unlocked when a rogue hits 60) is gone....

it got revamped and rolled into the anatomy line of AA's... with out the extremely unlikely intervention by developers, it will not be available until Depths of Darkhollow and functions similar to headshot in level restrictions first rank = level 59 mobs.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

AAs

Rangers get "Headshot" rank 1 at level 60 and it is locked behind Planes of Power, allowing them to sometimes headshot humanoids up to level 59 when firing their bow.

Rogues get "Anatomy" rank 1 at level 60 and it is locked behind Depths of Darkhollow, allowing them to sometimes assassinate humanoids up to level 59 when performing a backstab.

Why do rogues have to wait 5 extra expansions for what is essentially the same ability, and an ability they used to have innately?
  6. Coppercoz Augur

Meh. I'd prefer some real improvement over unlocking assassinate. What rogues need is a boost to backstab damage or poison revamp, neither of which we'll get.

It just seems weird to see kicks/bashes approaching some of my backstabs (or more if I do minimum).
  7. qwert New Member

The only thing that needs fixing is HS should return to sub 46 targets or taken out until 59 targets are lightblue.
    Seiffil likes this.