Assassinate changed?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Just_Another_SK, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Just_Another_SK Elder

Hey this is the first rogue I have leveled in quite a few years but maybe I am remembering wrong however

I could have sworn my rogue could assassinate humanoid mobs from the front while moloing with a healer merc, however my baby rogue just hit 76, I no longer see the master of anatomy AA, what I see is an "Anatomy" AA -- and so far at 76 it still reads can only assassinate with throwing or backstabs from the rear... did they change how it works?

Also if you dont mind another quick question, There was a debate in chat yesterday over which heroic to stack as a rogue, some said Hstr, other Hdex but noone said why they chose either of the two so what do you Pros suggest?, If playstyle matters I play on Test, and while I do enjoy grouping when there is one, often I molo.

Also what 2 poisons do you guys use @ 100+ these days? I need to start stockpiling materials

Thanks in Advance

Behyndu level 76 (and growing) Rogue~ Test
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

Well, I am certainly no expert, but here is my humble opinions:
    First question I would have to look into. I know I can assassinate from the front at 105, so if you aren't doing it at 76, then there must be some point where you can. I will see what I can find (unless someone else answers this question).

I choose hDex because it increases the chance to fire off a critical hit. Right now with my dex (fully buffed it is at 2375) I am spamming everyone with my critical hit messages. But Dropfast has a good writeup on this thread about it that really goes into the mechanics a lot better: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/hdex-and-rogues.240496/

In regards to playstyle, when it comes to rogue tanking, the object is to kill the mob fast. I haven't played around with hStr, but with hDex I can do a pretty good job, especially with a good healer. I have been in Chardok, Droga, or Labs, and if for some unforseen reason the tank goes down on a mob, I can usually tank it with good healing (though, only one at a time, not more).

For poisons, my main damage one is Mana Poison, though this, I think, is out of your range at the moment. Shissars is pretty good though until you can use Mana. For utility, it depends on the scenario. For moloing, I use either Myrmidon's Sloth (slow) or Warlord's Bane (slow + atk debuff). In a group, if no slower is available, I use Myrmidon's or Warlord's Bane. If a slower is in the group, I use Fighter's Bane for the atk debuff. I also use an illusion benefit that gives me a Contact I poison proc as well (at 105, it is a 700-ish proc, and with Driven Dragon Belt, it can hit for 1200-ish). A good site for recipes for these can be found at http://dragon-venom.com/poison/.
  3. mackal Augur

I think that's just saying it works on real backstabs only, not the ones from what was once called Chaotic Stab, but should still work on backstabs what was once called Seized Opportunity. I'm not 100% on that though.

hDex will increase chance to crit, which is nice, it will also increase Assassinate procs (and headshot) to some degree. hStr will add hStr / 10 to the damage of the attack (hDex will to throwing/archery too!) which isn't really worth it against more crits. hStr will also increase the offense (the number rolled against the defenders mitigation) of non-throwing/non-archery attacks (which are affected by hDex) which is really nice, but I think most feel stacking hDex for crit chance ends up winning out still.