As per usual, boxers treated like 2nd class citizens

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xanadas, May 24, 2021.

1. xmPradah Not a dude

I completely agree with this, which is one reason why true box isn't for me. Those "crazy" people are likely the same ones monopolizing camps/zones, selling loot and levels, etc. This hasn't been an overly concerning issue on Riz. Yeah you'll see 6/12/18+ chars all on auto follow, but most of the time that one person is pretty damn nice, a member of a guild with a good rep, and quite responsive and helpful if needed.

You can't paint all boxers with the same broad stroke... it's like two pictures of the ocean: one with calm water, and one in a hurricane.

As for Mischief/Thorn - there's nothing attractive about this server to me aside from perhaps free trade (and only marginally). I think free trade on a TLP will invite a whole new set of problems altogether, regardless of the boxing rule set.
    TheInquisitor likes this.
  2. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

That has more to do with Rizlona existing beside Aradune than it does with Rizlona itself. If Aradune didn't exist and Rizlona was the only TLP they launched that year, it would have all the garbage that ended up on Aradune. Marginally, the fact that people on Rizlona can box stuff themselves would reduce demand, but not enough to keep them off there if it was a lone TLP.

I agree. I box myself, though only in recent years, and only two accounts because that's hectic enough as it is. I do prefer to Truebox though, even on live. Much easier to use two keyboards and mice than to ALT-TAB a thousand times an hour. Obviously this is less feasible when the number of boxes goes up.

I wasn't interested at first, most TLP's move too fast for me. But I feel like this is one of the first TLP's that will have real staying power past Luclin, PoP, and so on. So I'm gonna start the journey and see. No idea if it or I will last.
    Bardy McFly and Skuz like this.
  3. Archess Elder

The problem with Truebox is that it stops all the "semi" normal people from boxing a few accounts on the same computer while the insane guys with box armies just bypass the issue, when I boxed on ragefire I had 2 real life friends play with me and we added real people to the party while dropping a few boxes untill It was just me with my enchanter left in the party.

Its just convinient to be able todo something on your own or start a camp on your own and then add people to it, what they really need todo is block the huge Box Armies.
    TheInquisitor likes this.
  4. xmPradah Not a dude

Sorry, I shortened your quote so it wasn't so much for others to read. I agree in part, about Riz launching in tandem with Aradune dampening the impact of the a-hat RMTers. They may still be monopolizing some camps if Aradune weren't around, but it would be temporary at best. Too many people/guilds in the community on Riz are in alignment that I'm confident this would have been pushed out relatively quickly - and too many more do not need the RMT crowd to "get their gear"... we can and do help each other, and often.

The boxing community of Riz is one I'm proud to be a part of, and I believe is a sustainable server for a very long time - well beyond the interest of the RMT/bot crowd - I think this is what the community recognizes as a huge benefit to where we are. Even now, while Riz has been minimally impacted, the RMTers have moved on to the new truebox TLPs, because that's where their money is.
    Niskin likes this.