As a general observation about color brightness...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Beggly, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Beggly Augur

I play in full screen mode all the time. I have noticed, however, that in window mode the color and screen definition is much crisper. Is this the same all the time? Compared to window mode, full screen looks washed out and fuzzy. Maybe I should invest in a high def monitor.... or is it normal?
  2. Strawberry Augur

EQ has been doing this since forever. It increases gamma in full screen, with some GPU to the point of completely washing out any colors due to the amount of brightness.

If you play in full screen just decrease the gamma slider down in options in EQ, it will prevent the washed out look.

Me I just leave a border and never do completely full screen.
  3. Kahna Augur

They changed the gamma of windowed mode to use your computer's gamma by default a while ago. So when you go to non-windowed mode the gamma changes to the game's gamma. Just go in options and adjust the gamma slider.
  4. Beggly Augur

Thanks very much for the information. I will change my gama asap.

Since I use a specific screen layout, I prefer to stick with full screen. If I didn't use the full screen for my layout, I'd have no issue with it.
  5. Risiko Augur

Where do you adjust your "computer's gamma" at in windows 10? I've been going crazy with EverQuest being insanely dark when playing in windowed mode, and I hate playing in full screen mode.

If I turn on windowed gamma in EverQuest, it has no effect when I slide the gamma bar left and right. If I turn off the windowed gamma and turn on the increased gamma in windowed mode (or something like that it is called), it washes out the screen horribly, and the gamma slider is not adjustable at all while that setting is checked.

Literally, the only way I can get the gamma correct is by going in full screen mode, and using the gamma slider. That's the ONLY time the gamma slider does anything that I can see change the way the game looks.

I hate full screen mode because when I alt-tab between my three accounts, it pauses for a second with a black screen before the next account shows up. That pretty much makes alt-tabbing next to worthless when playing the game.

Thing is, it didn't used to be this way, so I agree they changed it at some point.
  6. xmPradah Not a dude

Type "Calibrate" in your Windows Search - Calibrate display color should pop up.
    Risiko likes this.
  7. Risiko Augur

Thanks. Will try it.