Arx final mission The Cost of Balance

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raynrace, Oct 31, 2014.

1. FawnTemplar Augur

Do I actually believe that they were intended to be killed? Yes. I didn't say that devs intended for them to be /picklocked. I was meaning that killing the generator and letting adds despawn is closer to "as intended" than not dealing with the mechanic at all.
  2. Axxius Augur

Oops, I misread you. Sorry.

Although I don't think hiding from the adds and letting them despawn is indended either. It's just poorly tuned.
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  3. FawnTemplar Augur

HAHA. Well... if it makes the devs feel better I got punched in the face quite a lot doing it my way since in the first couple rooms they spawn pretty close to the generator.

And actually I have been noticing these little quirks in the game lately. I was just thinking that the devs were trying to give enchanters something to do. I feel like they have been neglected for so long :(
  4. guado Augur

What a great task to have an Archaeologist's Automated Antiquity Analyzer for !
    Manapause likes this.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I hope that was sarcasm.
  6. Pwnography Augur

I do believe that this mission was built with pick lock as the preferred method for completion. This isn't new or novel - we saw the same mechanic in Dead Hills heroics. You could pick the lock on the chests, or if no-one had their device and/or they decided to beat them open instead - well, you get tons of annoying adds at percentages along the way. Congratulations - you just took an unnecessary step.

The time on the time trial alone tells me that we're looking at a 'working as intended' situation. I do not believe any group could push through the 60+ adds, all of the trash, quick respawns, and deal with Una within 20 minutes. Someone feel free to prove me wrong.

If the archaeological tool works, that would make sense in terms of not restricting groups to any particular composition and allowing everyone to compete for the time-trial as-is. I haven't tried it personally, but I hear it works.
    Zentara likes this.
  7. kira New Member

The Ldon unlock chest spells can also work. Sometimes takes a few casts.
    Evercluck likes this.
  8. Triconix Augur

/applaud. You win life...oh wait.

It's definitely fair to compare casual people to RoI. Perfect sense. Kind of like comparing a Bugatti Veyron with a Toyota Corolla. SMH.
    Evercluck and guado like this.
  9. mmofosho Lorekeeper

You're right. Newly released content shouldn't be hard.
  10. roguerunner Augur

Yeah, I thought it was obvious since they are teleportation generator KEY's