Artisan's Prize and raiding...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Durbah, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I also find it ironic that the complaint is, it's so powerful, why is it only available through tradeskills.

Should people who don't have time to raid complain that all the rest of the best gear is only available that way?
    Aurastrider likes this.
  2. Visitor Augur

Base max in TS > 300 + maxed trophy, gets the half value on the AP. My understanding is that it takes 7 skill points to gain 1% on the AP, so you really only need an average of 40 more points in each of the 9 trades to get it to max value. I am currently working on it, and once i get the base aug, getting increases will just be for extra play time, and do easiest recipe stuff first.
  3. Critts Augur

I kind of understand where you are coming from.i would first say that it is mot required at every raiding guild. There are also some high end guilds that don’t require it. That being said it looks good to have it. My gripe with the AP isn’t the TS (they are a pain) it’s being locked behind PoP progression. It was cool to run through the progression one time sure but doing it over and over for alts is just pain. Yes I didn’t bother doing alts the first time and new alts happen people. Any way I do enjoy that there is now a reward for doing TS past some of the really unique items only TSers can make.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

@Visitor

You're close. Just getting the AP gets you 40% (base) value. All that's >absolutely< required is 250 in each skill, and no trophies.

Raising it from there requires 7 post-300 skillups in any of the 9 trades for each 1% jump. These skillups all require AAs to be purchased, in order to unlock them. So, for instance, if you want to raise fishing, you spend 20 AA to unlock the next fishing AA, and then you are allowed to raise fishing to 205 (fishing has a lower max value than the rest). To raise it 5 more costs 25 AA, all the way up to 65 AA to unlock the last 5 skillups.

There are 420 post-300 skillups required to max the AP, and there are 9 trades, so the max would be 450. That leaves 30 skillups you can skip. So, ~347 in each, with a few left at 346, or all at 350 with one left at 320, whatever you prefer.

For the post-300 skillups, you have to learn recipes. The number of recipes needed to gain one skill point varies by trades:

Fishing: 2.5 recipes
    Brewing: 6 recipes
    Baking: 14 recipes
    Tailoring: 16 recipes
    Fletching: 17.5 recipes
    Pottery: 21 recipes
    Jewelcraft: 26 recipes
    Smithing: 27 recipes
    Research: 54 recipes

A lot of people said they'd use research as the trade they'd learn fewer recipes in. Looking at this chart, and the plat needed to make all the research combines, and you can see why!
  5. Durbah Lorekeeper

LOL, this isn't just some Jboots quest that took maybe a day tops of farming, or any other of that stuff that was pretty easy to get. This is a quest that could take weeks of boring tradeskills to get, tradeskills that I would prefer not to do because it would make me very likely to get bored and walk away.

This isn't about complaining either, this is about one augment that makes or breaks a character? But it really doesn't it. I have everything else I need, including 2.0 and even tho it's useless for a cleric I have my anguish BP and all kinds of other clickies just in case I ever need any of it. I actually play really well, I'm not gonna say I'm the best but I am pretty easy going and patient, I've raided in this game for a very long time.

All that being said, getting pushed aside for just one augment that really doesn't do a whole lot for anyone except maybe a tank seeing as it has 300 AC, is a little ridiculous. I have more than I don't have if that makes sense, you want a sign of working my butt off for a char, I've been playing since 1999, took a small break in 07, came back in 09, had to take another break in 2010 and came back for 5 more years, then missed a few til i recently came back, but all of the content i played it before I have it all maxed out. Not that many people can say the same.

Like I said, I'm not here to complain but more or less to understand why this item is so important to turn down an app of a really good player. You can't judge someone by 1 item that requires tradeskills, just doesn't make sense to me. But, to each their own I guess, I moved on and changed servers and am now happy with the guild I am in and they love me, so it's all good, ya'll missed out on an amazing cleric if you denied me tho, their loss.
  6. kizant Augur

This is really a silly topic. No guild worth joining would require an artisan's prize.
    Jhenna_BB, Spellfire and Sancus like this.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It's one thing to recommend doing it, requiring it is another entirely, right? Even then, someone earlier in the thread mentioned it as being a reasonable recommendation if at 300 to most or all skills already. That's just being reasonable.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

If I was guild leader I'd require it, and also old world hunter, and having one of each of the items that no longer drop like earthshaker, (some ranger bow), and pick your favorite item.

One of each. I don't care if you can use it, you need to have it.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  9. Cicelee Augur

If Bigstomp was the guild leader, he would require himself and 53 clerics for his raids...
    Endaar and Bigstomp like this.
  10. p2aa Augur

I maxed my artizan's prize aug.
    Research is maybe the one skill with most recipes per skill point, but the component rarity is not bad.
    The worst is Smithing and Tailoring pop recipes. So, I maxed all TS to 350 bar Smithing and Tailoring.
    And I gave up on getting pop recipes.
    Even though I spent insane amount of time to level research clicking 1 million times on my Research TS container to 350, what will hold you back more is not having the components (because too rare) than dieing of boredom clicking over and over on your TS container.
    Elyssanda, Ssdar and Tatanka like this.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

True