Armor of vie vs. shining armor

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Kansan Cloudkicker, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Kansan Cloudkicker Elder

Question for clerics out there. When in a normal grouping situation, are you using armor of vie or shining armor? I see the benefit of being able to cast rallied armor for the group, but I like the 10% without a cap for the shining.

Are there any opinions on which is best?
  2. Lothoec New Member

Use Armor of Vie for the rest of the group and ask the Tank to block it so you can cast Shining Armor on him/her as it is much better to have on the Tank compared to AoV.
  3. Kansan Cloudkicker Elder

Thank you for the info that is what a thought
  4. Mykaylla Augur

Nope. Shining Armour on everyone, is what I use.
    It is really not hard to maintain. It casts fast and is very cheap.

At the VERY least, if you have any recourse of life AAs (and you should!), you should keep Shining Armour on yourself as well as the tank, because if you get hit, you will proc group heal and vie in addition to the healing and vie of shining.

Keeping Shining Armour on everyone means that if anyone takes a stray hit, they will get the 10% vie, stun the mob if it's stunnable to buy them, and you, more time, and get healed. Now, let's take rk. II Armor of Vie. It has a total mitigation of 28733. Since it is shaving 10% at a time, that means that the toon has to take 287330 worth of hits before the heal from it will trigger... and that after that point, they have no vie mitigation, until you recast it. They're unlikely to take that in a single round. Because Shining doesn't break from damage but has a fixed duration, it heals more, earlier, and mitigates more reliably.

Shining is something you have to pay attention and maintain, since it's a short-term buff- but that is its' tradeoff. And it's worth it.

EDIT: Also, only one spell slot that way, too.
    CaRnon likes this.
  5. Kansan Cloudkicker Elder

Great post, thank you for the info. I will def keep shining armor on most the group. ESP my puller. I appreciate your input