Fixed Internally Are there supposed to be lvl 95 skels in Gfay on Agnarr?

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Herf, Mar 13, 2024.

1. Herf Augur

Because there are after the patch. 'An Enslaved Miner'. Makes crossing the zone a little annoying. Hit my 65 rogue for 790. Fortunately I was on a mount and outran him to the pok book.

Makes doing the collection quest in Gfay somewhat, cough, challenging.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. zarcal Elder

Wonderful, I was intentionally waiting on my alts for when it was less crowded now i get to dodge skellies that can kill me
    Herf likes this.
  3. Herf Augur

They almost killed Jedis in 2 blows.
  4. Manerz Journeyman

You were waiting for agnarr to be less crowded?
    Herf likes this.
  5. Herf Augur

The spawn rates of the fae drake wings is low enought that more than one or at most two people in zone makes it pointless to try to collect them.

I did find your comment funny though :)
  6. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I hope it is on my server :D

I once made a necro and had the skelly illusion on. My name was Greaterdarkbone.
    I would FD in the woods of Gfay waiting... and waiting.. I had a red name because I went pvp.. waiting and waiting, then when players ran buy I would shout something like "Greaterdarkbone seeks out %T as their next victim! " . Fun times.
    Xyroff-cazic. and Herf like this.
  7. Herf Augur

The good old days. Like when you could put loot on mobs :)
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Anyone remember Project M? The ultimate griefing tool. Good times. :D
  9. Herf Augur

Was that when we could play mobs? Sadly I missed out on that somehow. I remember wishing I could be a scaled wolf cub in FoB and get all the other cubs to train newbies :) Sadly it didn't work.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, that was it. You would spawn as a random mob in a newbie area and could attack players. I've never seen players curse so much in my life.

Of course, this was back when newbie yards actually had players in them. :rolleyes:
  11. Jedis Arch Mage

This should be fixed now. The highest there this morning was level 75, with plenty of level 65. Which is on par with the other tasks from previous months.
    Herf likes this.
  12. Fuzzbutt Elder

On Oakwynd which is capped at 65 there are lvl 105 skeletons corpse camping newbies at their bind point
    Herf likes this.
  13. Herf Augur

Newbies need to ask the skellies for a loot & scoot :)
    Fuzzbutt likes this.
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

So, we will be doing 2 additional things in the April patch.
    #1 the higher level spawners are tied to expansions. 50-75 is tied to Planes of Power, and 80-105 is tied to Veil of Alaris. (This applies more to other progression servers, but the VoA part to Agnarr as well)
    #2 the Mobs will have their aggro adjusted. Current plan, they will be changed to "neutral" AND their call for help will be shrunk to hugging distance. (So another NPC has to be basically hugging them to assist) We might opt to keep them KOS but ALSO change the aggro range to hugging distance.
    Barton-Vox, Appren and Xyroff-cazic. like this.
  15. Herf Augur

But since these are for the monthly collection, won't they be going away by April?
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

They have nothing to do with the collection...they're for the 3rd tower HA.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You have to run around and kill some skellies to do the repair key part. And those are the mobs causing the problems.
    But yeah, your right if a low level goes in there to pick up the collects they could get zapped also.
  18. Herf Augur

Derp. Yes you're right. Doh. :(
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Does this mean this part of Days of Darkpaw will not be completeable by the 2 new servers coming in May?
  20. JetZeppelin2h Augur

Sounds like the npc you must kill for the quest is scaling based off where the progression server is currently at so people on those servers can still kill them to get the reward (although I am not sure what the point is considering all the gear from darkpaw would be too high for them to use so seems pointless to me). Do the darkpaw instances scale based on level? Seems pointless if the npc you kill to get the key scale but the npc in the instance don't.