Aradune <Spirits of Eventide> [Late Night PST Guild]

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Teablade, May 5, 2020.

1. Teablade New Member

Following in the late night traditions of <Fourth Meal> (Agnarr) and <Midnight Rations> (Mangler), the Aradune server will call out to all the insomniacs of the world to join us for our decidedly after-your-kids-bedtime excitement. Welcome to...

[IMG]
    <Spirits of Eventide>

Who We Are
    - Pacific / AUS / NZ regulars, or anybody that appreciates the west coast lifestyle and schedule.
    - Insomniacs who don't recognize responsible bed times.
    - Adults with jobs and kids and all the things that keep us busy during prime time hours.

What We Do
    We would describe ourselves as... casual but focused. We will have a relaxed but determined raiding environment... motivated, but light-hearted. Nobody said you have to be super serious to kick tail.

Most of us have been around TLPs before, but we hope to have a healthy mix of people experiencing content for the first time. We're a friendly group, here to have fun enjoying Everquest. It will be our goal to complete all content for all expansions, in era, at the best pace possible.

We like to smoke, drink, and goof around. If you have been a member of <Midnight Rations> recently on Mangler, we will try to run the ship with a very similar structure and energy. All are welcome, just be chill.

When We Do It

We will not be rushing.
    Launching with a new TLP server means a few weeks of experience parties, dungeon crawls, item camps, and knowledge sharing. The guild will work together to advance comfortably, support each other, encourage fun, and will run DZ instances when possible based on the level of our raiding force.

Eventual raiding schedule is tentative, but the prospect is currently:
    * Mon & Wed - 8:30pm PST - Attendance + DKP
    * Saturday - 8:30pm PST - DKP only

Raids that require additional time (like ToV) will have an optional attendance pre-clear DKP bonus, ahead of the regular raid time. DKP is hourly, so even if you leave early, you've still earned something.
    We never require anybody to show up outside of announced times. Batphones are always optional.

How It's Done
    - Members will be able to designate one main character, and one boxed character.
    - A /random policy will be utilized on a need/greed base instead of DKP until mid-Kunark
    - Main characters will roll need, boxes and new applicants can roll greed.

Once DKP turns on:
    - DKP is always tracked per-character.
    - Any character bidding/spending DKP must be the same character receiving the item.
    - DKP for DZ instance raids is earned hourly.
    - Bonus DKP awarded for first time kills, questing certain dungeon keys, earning content flags, etc
    - Attendance (30 day rolling) is used to determine bidding caps, and break bidding ties.
    - Raidbox characters and new applicants will also have a DKP bidding cap.
    - Don't bring your box unless you are already bringing your main.
    - If you're not able to play your box with the same skill and attention as your main, you may be asked to leave your box behind to allow space for somebody else.
    - Attendance (60 day rolling) is used to identify characters who have ghosted and need demoting.

What We Need
    To create a welcoming guild, we are looking for seasoned players to take class leads to coach and guide new or returning players through the relevant quests and class mechanics of each era.

Additionally, we are looking for aspiring and veteran raid leaders familiar with DZ mechanics, boss strategies, raid roles, and party building requirements. Take us to the promised land!

Applications will open beginning May 9th. There is opportunity for all who are capable and ready.

How To Join
    Recruiting is open for all classes on our Discord!

Breeze and Protagonist like this.
  2. Kane New Member

Sounds AMAZING but any doing this for Rizlona with late night PST?
  3. Mizoo New Member

LOVE IT! Seems as though West coast players don't get any love as far as realistic raid times. The 8:30 start gives me work and family time before reliving my youth. Count me in. Thanks for putting this together!
    I plan on trying my hand at a Shadow Knight, Shaman duo... Expecting the shammy to be my main, that's still flexible though as SK is a class I've never played past 25.
    Cheers!
    Breeze likes this.
  4. Rhek New Member

Excellent to have a proper West-coast late night guild!
  5. Bolten_DA Augur

Finally, a solid West coast raiding guild! Count me in! Let the fun begin!
  6. Breeze New Member

Definitely interested that sounds great!
  7. Hefeweizen New Member

Sign me up! Well, after I get back from my trip. These damn trips always fall on EQ TLP start dates
  8. Pneumothorax Journeyman

How involved is the app process going to be?
  9. Runemaster New Member

Will check out the discord. Glad there is a late night raiding option.
  10. Crescens Journeyman

Going to be a fun server. I look forward to the good times
  11. Olestra Elder

May be interested. excuse my newbness, what are DZ raids?
  12. Teablade New Member

A DZ (dynamic zone) raid is an intentionally triggered and instanced raid dedicated for a single group of players. Typically with a DZ raid, you get a nice fully spawned zone with all the raid mobs up and ready. The caveat being, you can only do these sorts of raids once a week or so (timing can vary depending on your success/failure on the raid). This makes content accessible to everybody, including guilds that don't have the timezones or firepower to compete for OW racing.

This is in contrast to an OW (outer world) raid, where it's the old fashion race to kill the mob once it magically/randomly spawns. This is the style raid that all of the original EQ'ers (and P99'rs) remember very well. OW targets get taken by the guilds that want them most, and it usually involves camping, setting timers, hitting bat-phones, and zerging.
  13. Olestra Elder

Ah ok, I remember the crazy races to targets, wasn't aware they made instanced content of old targets
  14. Olestra Elder

I look forward to joining, working 2nd shift cst killed my raiding days in the past.
  15. Elvenwench20 New Member

Bump!
    Recruitment is open and applications are being accepted. We are looking for all classes and folks interested in being officers, class leaders, and raid leaders.
  16. Idget Lorekeeper

You mention 30 day attendance, what will be required to bid on the top tier pieces?
  17. Elvenwench20 New Member

Currently TBD, Idget.
  18. Elvenwench20 New Member

Taking applications, all classes welcome. Officer, Class Lead and Raid Lead roles available.
  19. Slinkus Minkus I'm bad at the game

Well, this will make me pull the trigger and play on Aradune, just got a new job working overnight and this would work out perfectly.
  20. CaptainSkeet Augur