Aradune Overboxing Not Enforced

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rhythar, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

Let us know how that turns out for you. It makes ZERO difference if you think it's fraud, or even if a legal expert says it's fraud. Unless someone takes action it's a moot point. No one is going to do that.
    Malachi likes this.
  2. Lejaun Augur

There are enough people wanting to XP in the Deep to not need to keep a pick open except in the wee hours of the night. It's pretty easy to have a group on the west and east side, and that's 12 toons right there. Also, I'd use a cleric to pull most of the time. If they do go down, it's a quick run back.

Why would there need to be such caution for using their services? Unless you are handing out your account information or paying 50 kronos in advance, what are they going to scam you on? It's cheaper for them to keep their reputation than need to do a name change by scamming you. If they are terrible PLers and not worth the money, their reputation is going to get known quickly and not used.
  3. Corydon Coles Elder

ALL you have to do in game and in RL is follow the money
    The 2 Reasons - CORP does not POLICE is it would cost them money:
    1) Hire a person to go in and investigate
    2) IF there is evidence of "outside programs controlling all those accounts/boxing," CORP would lose money on selling the HACK-S and lose money again on ban/suspending all those accounts.
    > MOBSTER/hacker has even gone on my computer, gone on my Facebook and deleted/overwrote the pictures (evidence,) that I collect in game = just recently happened ---> again <---
    * So EQ loses BIG TIME in that most people see what is going on and leave. What EQ is left with are those few boxers/literal mobsters running the server making real money selling LR/PL/gear. Want to buy a epic? 15 KR do the math
    (I too have taken the time over and over again for years - to collect the evidence, write the reports, back up the reports else where cause EQ STAFF just delete the forums/old tickets off all wrong doing. Nothing changes because EQ STAFF and their business associates are RACKETEERING.)
    < IF you happen to like MMORPG and go somewhere else say WOW - its the same there.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

I don't think it's that simple. It's more to do with being understaffed and, frankly, poorly managed.
  5. Gnothappening Augur

Yes, it is better to pull with a cleric. That being said, there are a few people who do this for a living that always use an SK. I don't know why they use an SK, I just know they do.

As for how they cheated people, there was a pair of people on Mangler that would boot people early from their group. This was especially the case when people would get into their group late at night, pay the krono, and go to bed. Had several guild members tell me about it and to avoid them. I just made my own exp group and avoided it all together.
  6. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

I'd imagine it's because of lifetaps. Dual purpose of tagging more mobs and healing.
  7. Lejaun Augur

Ahh. I'd be paranoid of that if I were paying someone. That plus the AFK checks seems like it would be a great way to get screwed over. Plus, if the puller had a bad pull and wiped, you'd never get a rez or the xp after the wipe. Smarter way would to be tabbed out but check in on character now and then.
  8. Malachi Augur

Did your cousin use this chargeback method for Daybreak/Darkpaw?
    I'd love to hear about his personal experiences using this refund method with this specific company.

Have you ever went thru the litigation of "easily sue" a parking garage for stolen goods?
    I love a good read. I'm anxious to see the cases you come up with in which it was successfully "easily" affirmed these parking garages failed to protect your belongings whilst they failed to prove it was your negligence.

Perhaps no standing was a hasty term to use. Other than that, my previous post is the more accurate and based in reality. But I look forward to educating myself with the subsequent information you will provide.
  9. Malachi Augur

Please notice how the poster you quote throws around the word "easily" to describe litigating against a large scale company over these matters like they have never had to swat a few flies away in their company's entire lifespan.
  10. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

For those that have never attempted a chargeback, you should know that it isn't something every CC company will just do because you ask. You have to make your case to them, and some of them can be pretty stringent about it.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

Also, DBG will perma ban any accounts assosciated with the card in question.
    Niskin likes this.
  12. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

There have been some people reporting that they were able to re-pay the chargeback amounts and get their accounts back if they did it within a reasonable timeframe, but it's not a risk I would take personally.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

lol who initiates a chargeback and then decides to repay it. People who didn't think it all the way through apparently. Wonder how their credit card feels about that
  14. Haze Journeyman

Highly doubt you actually saw a person 50-boxing lmfao. Get real.
  15. Rhythar Augur

Search "54 box aradune" on youtube.
  16. Xelnation New Member

You are correct, they are not 54 boxing. They use a bypass and are 54 botting. The things you didn't know....
  17. Haze Journeyman

Believe it or not, Aradune is my first TLP, so forgive my naïveté. What exactly does that mean? Are you saying 54 bots are running from one person and you saw it? How do y’all find this stuff anyways? Is it a matter of TLP experience and you know where to look?

I would love to see screenshots or video of this. I see so many similar posts here and on discord but never anything concrete.
  18. brickz Augur

that would be because they ban your forum account if you "name and shame"
  19. Gnothappening Augur

You can't name the person on here. You can't record a video and upload it to youtube and post the link here either that I know of. All you can do is complain and report them in game.
  20. Rhythar Augur

Try searching "aradune box army" on youtube.

I never saw 50 boxed characters all together in one zone myself. I saw them split into smaller groups of 6-12, and I saw their characters standing in the same spots in town for days. You won't see such big boxers on Aradune anymore though (probably), as the GMs seem to finally be enforcing the 2-box rule.

However... There are still a bunch of 6+ boxers on Aradune, and some of the earlier 50+ boxers are trying to rebuild. This is what I do to find such cheaters:
    1. Do a /who wherever you go, including towns. Overboxers will usually be anonymous characters at the bottom of the list. Make sure to do more than one /who across more than one day.
    2. Watch for multiple characters on /follow.
    3. Most power levelers are overboxers.
    4. Some overboxers are shy and will log out when approached.
    5. Watch for a bunch of characters jammed into a corner facing the wall. (These may also be afkers.)
    6. Check their guild. You ever heard of it? Who else is in it?
    7. Check their achievements. Have they been to the Plane of Knowledge? The three big 50+ boxers all warped there.
    8. If you manage to see an overboxing group in action, only 1 character will move at a time, or multiple characters will move at the same time.