Aradune bone chips

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roflcopter, Jul 17, 2020.

1. KimchiGoddess Augur

Yeah that's pretty dumb, I have /say going to a window that all my random spam, zonewide channels, looting spam etc are in because I don't use say.
  2. Corydon Augur

It's "amazing" that one player about unattended gameplay and a bunch of other players jump him with arguments like "is it really botting?" and "it's just bone chips!" etc. So many DPG knights when it's clear this game does have a botting problem.

But guess what? Most players are boxers so they are used to do stuff on their own and they just don't give a damn about other players. I might be exaggerating here because I met a lot of great people too.

Apart from that, OP, posting such stuff on the forums is useless just as much as my post is. Report them or not, but move on. Nothing will change. Endure it, embrace it or leave it. I am in the enduring crowd. I still like this game overall -- so some annoying stuff will not make me leave it. Yet.
  3. Truetotheblue Augur

I will 110% agree with you that this game has a botting problem. But a bard playing Chords of Dissonance to kill level 1 skeletons is not botting in the sense of the problem you're referring to, or I am. It doesn't take software or anything like that to turn Chords of Dissonance on. The point of making it in jest is this is small potatoes, or really just the salt you'd even put on them, in the grand scheme of the issue the game has with this. DPG needs to, and should do, more to resolve the botting issue. I think they're failing in that aspect and have been for quite some time.
  4. Pumpernickel Lorekeeper

IMHO the Bone Chips game is not low hanging fruit as far as botting goes and if this is a problem GMs want to combat there are better areas to focus on.

I've farmed chips on three servers now (once as an SK, and twice as a Bard) and the chance the camp is open is pretty high and it is not a highly contested area compared to other camps in classic.
  5. Mercanyin Augur

You must mean unintended game-play. They never made any mention of unattended.
  6. Truetotheblue Augur

The larger point with calling this low hanging fruit is that present yourself with this choice. You can have a GM that can investigate 3 necros that have been botting at Efreeti, or Frenzy, for 3 days. They haven't moved away from the camp, don't respond to tells, but they move around the camp, recast pets, FD when the timer is coming up. Alternatively, you could have a GM investigate someone that put a bard at the spawn point of a few decaying skeletons in Paineel and left Chords of Dissonance on. I'd much rather the GM focus on something that has the potential to be much more disruptive, and is quite clearly utilizing something outside of just what the game is capable of doing itself. Are they both issues? Yes. But I still wouldn't call a bard with a song on, which the game is capable of doing on its own, botting. There are many botters that are actually botting that are worth going after over something like this.
  7. Pumpernickel Lorekeeper

I feel like we just said the same thing...
  8. Truetotheblue Augur

You're right, we did. I'm sorry I misinterpreted your post when I originally read through it and reading through it again just realized that. I think my brain was thinking this is low hanging fruit because it's easy to spot, but not really gaining anything by tackling. So it got me twisted on your intent I think. I apologize, my mistake.
    Pumpernickel likes this.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

Which makes more sense?
  10. Tweakfour17 Augur

When they talk about Unintended they mean unintended. Doing stuff they never intended for you to be able to do, like warping. Like exploiting zone geometry. etc
  11. Mercanyin Augur

Does not matter what makes sense, only with what they said.
  12. Yaboi New Member

The only people in the wrong are the toxic people reporting the bards that ARE NOT AFK. There's a bunch of bards that are at the computer while farming chips and do not AFK. I've been contacted like 8 times by GM's and was never AFK. Easiest way to see if a bard is AFK is sit on their camp and kill some skeletons. The player base is toxic towards the bards because of a broken skeleton mechanic. They are jealous and report just to report.

Yesterday I was contacted by a person who was asking if I was AFK. Not a GM a person. He then reported me even though I responded to his every tell the instant they were sent. That's who's reporting people, petty jealous toxic individuals who don't have the balls to come contest the camp.

Simple fix is to change the skeleton spawn, it's obviously silly that a bard can play 1 song in a spot and kill 6 skeletons every 10 seconds. Just make enough noise to get a dev's attention and it could happen. Look what happened to charm, YW btw.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

Mages and Necros get harassed by the purists also because if your pet is doing most of the work killing grey mobs you must be afk/a bot/ a filthy krono farmer
    Yaboi likes this.