AOE rez + other out of era disciplines versus deflection

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Blue Tank, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Blue Tank New Member

Why is deflection taken out of the game yet aoe rez is being called retroactively in era?

Why I think this is an incorrect decision:

Every other melee class has a disc to avoid attacks. There was new no magical thing that was not able to be done. We can't use paly/sk to deflection, but we still have Rangers with weaponshield. Deflection doesn't let guilds do anything special.

Aoe rez is unique. It's not like you're giving aoe rez to an addition class. You're just throwing a completely out of Era spell into the game, immediately after taking away paly/sk disc that was WORSE than all of the current avoidance disciplines. It makes no sense.

It's unbelievable how many out of era abilities warriors get to use. I don't remember seeing berate or hearing tanks talk about stonewalling mobs back in the day. Let's either give back fair and non unique disciplines, or get rid of all these other out of era disciplines please.
  2. Gnog Elder

Rangers and monks backup tanking Time bosses instead of knights. The highest dps classes in the game ATM are better raid-boss tanks than 2/3 of the tank classes. Makes total sense.
  3. Machen New Member

That's how it was during original pop, until the big monk nerf. Monks were insanely good tanks for quite a while.
  4. Sdoofbuc Augur

Rangers are half warrior like both knight classes. They even have taunt.
  5. Sdoofbuc Augur

I can tank in a pinch. I just can't hold aggro.
  6. Muph New Member

Maybe I'm confused, when is the "big monk nerf" coming in 2017?
  7. Sdoofbuc Augur

That happened in luclin. Weapon drops were supper rare and our disc/aa don't do the same DPS as other classes. We are no longer a DPS class. If I have to pinch in as a tank for 15 second cause a warrior got 1 rounded until the next one gets taunt off; so be it.
  8. Pikallo Augur

AoE rez is simply quality of life and has no impact or increase in player power. Literally all it does is potentially save you a couple minutes after a wipe.

Deflection on the other hand makes knights significantly stronger and makes actual content of the game easier.

There is certainly a case to be made for lack of consistency regarding what is and is not in the game, but basing your argument on AoE rez vs deflection doesn't really make a compelling case. Apples to oranges.
  9. Bewts Augur

What encounter do we actually "need" AE rezz for?

I tend to agree that is a quality of life spell at best.

I mean I can count on one hand how many times I've cast group CH and it's been in since Kunark. I expect AE rezz to follow suit there, unless I happen across an XP group that wiped and can bring them all up with a single click...
  10. Machen New Member

The only time you need it is to rez a raid after a wipe. You can't even use it during an encounter, as you have to be out of combat to cast it.
  11. Zeklia Lorekeeper

if a cleric is doing nothing but complete healing a tank and is avoiding aoes...they literally drop out of combat as soon as the heal lands
  12. Astley Augur

Yeah... the AoE rez... is really just a quality of life thing to speed up post-major wipe, rather than using all your clerics to click-stick rez a 72-man raid one by one.
  13. Kahna Augur

It is not even a quality of life spell. It costs a ton of mana. Do you really think your clerics are going to be sitting around with 2800 mana to spare to res 8 people after a wipe? In the time it takes you to regen 2800 mana to cast the spell you can easily have clicked 8 people and given them mana free resses. It is a useless spell that only the foolish will ever memorize. 6 or 7 clerics will click stick res a raid far faster than clerics trying to med enough to cast this spell ten times will.
  14. Astley Augur

I mean, not if you have Bards/Necros boosting the clerics mana pool.
  15. Machen New Member

No reason you can't do both, especially if you are in a zone where you can mount.
  16. mackal Augur

Beneficial spells have a "witness check" (term used in patch notes) if an NPC fails the "witness check" you gain no hate and stay out of combat. The "drop out of combat" you see is not a drop out of combat, you were always out of combat, you just gain the out of combat timer of another by doing an act on them (which probably happens specifically because of how beneficial aggro spells work)
  17. Blemyr New Member

"Out of combat" isn't actually sufficient to cast the AE rez; your combat timer has to be completely gone. Even if you land a CH and don't get crossed swords, the combat timer still refreshes for the full 30 seconds or 5 minutes for raid encounters. This means the AE rez is very hard to be able to use in any meaningful circumstance.
  18. Kahna Augur

Or you could use that mana to rebuff the raid after you click stick everyone alive again, and, you know, get back to killing things faster.
  19. Machen New Member

With MGB's there is no reason every cleric in the raid needs full mana for buffs. But if you'd rather recover more slowly, by all means, don't use it.
  20. Healbro Elder

I'm of the opinion that "AE Rez" if you can call it that (Its only 8 corpses) is an almost completely worthless spell. I don't think I'll ever cast it to be honest. Maybe once just to try it out. 2400 mana to rez 8 people is just dumb. I'd rather click my epic 8 times and use that mana for a HoV afterwards. If we're talking recovering from a raid quickly I'm pretty sure you're better off saving your mana for buffs than using this dumb spell.