Not A Bug AoC, Dragon Necropolis, and Vaniki

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by NyteShayd, Jan 27, 2023.

1. NyteShayd Elder

This isn't a bug, per se, but with my understanding of the intended purpose of Avatars of Change it seems like an oversight.

Unless I'm mistaken, Avatars of Change were introduced to remove barriers to old world progression through certain quests created by player behavior, such as spawn timing/camping of rare targets.

Vaniki is required not only for Hunter achievements, but also for the key to Jaled`Dar's Tomb (and from there, access to Sleeper's Tomb). Unfortunately, to this day he's still a highly sought after target for Willsapper (see: barriers create by player behavior).

As best I can tell from reading through patch notes and anecdotes, Vaniki has a chance to spawn only after a minimum zone /uptime of 12 hours. Since the AoC instances have a max lifetime of 6 hours, Vaniki never spawn in an AoC instance as currently designed.

I'm not proposing changing Vaniki's respawn settings, but is it possible to "fake" a randomized /uptime of 7-10 hours in AoC instances to maintain the challenge and rarity of the spawn, make it impossible to load an instance to have him up and waiting, and still make it possible for All Access members to move forward with these quests, achievements, and drops?
  2. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

People would just spin up instances constantly until they saw the desired NPC up.

Vaniki, as a spawn, has always been a pain to actively camp. Vaniki is also not required for getting into Jaled'Dar's Tomb, nor for getting the key to Jaled'Dar's Tomb. It is just "easier" than factioning up with Zland.

To get into Jaled'Dar's tomb, simply befriend someone who can picklock the door. Alternatively, you can drop down from one of the corners above.

There are two quests that can be done. Neb's quest or Zland's quest. Zland requires Apprehensive faction with Zland and getting Neb's head. Neb's requires Dubious paebla faction, Vaniki's heart and Zland's heart.