Anyone planning to box 3+?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Goobles, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Goobles Elder

Get at me. We can do fun things :)
  2. Scalez New Member

I'll be 4 boxing; SK, Cleric, Chanter + Mage. 4 computers, lots of clicking, should be.....fun.
  3. AlmarsGuides Augur

Where's johnny bravo when you need em
  4. Tulgin Augur

I'll be 3 boxing on 1 PC, until I get banned then I'll go play a sensible MMO (WoW).

Not my problem if they don't need my money.
  5. Vaclav Augur

If it's anything like the test they ran on Test for the True Box code, it'll just block the attempt to connect with further clients. If they opted to ban you it would be manual.

[And didn't hear of a single VM that had success working around - even people that just had a VM running unused were getting the connection refused from how it sounded]
  6. Delphwind Augur

Why would you do that to yourself? On a server where grouping will be more prevalent that it is currently on the TLPs.

To each their own ... good luck!
  7. Kahna Augur

Because people. *shudder*. I like grouping with friends, and people I know, and oddly enough I have no problems getting to know people in MMO's, but strangers? Ugh, they want to chit chat and stuff. No Thanks!
  8. Kartas New Member

Now Scalez has the old school boxing mentality that I can at least say "good for you"

Its not a bunch of key cloned mages. Go Get 'em Scalez
  9. MBear Augur

I'll have two most of the time and 3 occasionally.
    4 active accounts I maintain with yearly subs will be there and I have the machines but I find I enjoy it less if I add too many boxes so I reserve it for when I have something specific I want to accomplish.
  10. code-zero Augur

I'm interested in seeing where it was that they said they'd ban you for multi-boxing from a single machine. Link please?
  11. Lonye Augur

They chalk it up to "circumventing an imposed mechanic" just like they suspended people for abusing the /pick timer. They might not come out and say it, but they reserve the right at any time... Really if you do anything bad they can chalk it up to a violation of community standards and permanently ban you if they see fit.
  12. Banai Augur

It's technically their game. If they are having a bad day and decide they want to ban someone and it just so happens to be you walking by ... well they can do what they want cuz it's their game. If you do try to get around the blocks they have in place and get caught, better hope they aren't having that bad day
  13. code-zero Augur

Found it

Pretty sure that if you manage to find some workaround that you'll be in violation of more than a few of those
  14. HimoShifu New Member

[IMG]
    Ltldogg likes this.
  15. Scalez New Member

Thanks. I used to 3-4 box when I played on live a few years ago. I have never used any 3rd party software and it is a lot of work at times. If it gets too difficult or exp is rolling in very slowly I'll probably cut back to 1-2 toons.

I really hope Daybreak cracks down on the boxers using 3rd party software because that ruined my experience on Fippy TLP. It sounds like there are already lots of people trying to think of ways to cheat and cut corners for this new TLP server. Hope they all get banned quickly.
  16. Hobbit Journeyman

[IMG]
  17. Goobles Elder

Looking for boxers. Class doesn't really matter. Must not be challenged.
  18. Brokenhammer New Member

Will be 6 boxing necro's to start off with and go from there{on 6 machines until daybreak quits caring/doesn't ever care then on one machine}
  19. code-zero Augur

What, you think that one day they'll say "meh, we don't care anymore, turn off the block"?
  20. Works Elder

Technically they'd have to start caring as opposed to ceasing to care. Since it's just going to (as best I can tell) added code to detect multiple clients or VMs they'd have to actually remove it. While it's in place they shouldn't even have to think about it much less care about it.

I mean, assuming it works as intended in the first place.